I Knew This Would Be The Case

Ban Basketball

I also can't help but notice how Joe Biden is this international criminal mastermind who can weave together all of these entities into one big enterprise. 

Then, on the other hand,  he apparently can't tie his own shoes. :classic_huh:

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

1 hour ago, Ban Basketball said:

Ah, yes.  The ol" " it's true enough, " and/or "it's plausible,  therefore true" strikes again. 

Still no charges or indictments on any of these names,  are there?

Groundhog's day.  Exactly.  No charges.  But why?  Is it because there was no crime?  Or is it because there is an incentive to ignore it?

Ask yourself how long it took for this Menendez news to break, considering the FBI searched his place in June 2022?  (15 months).

How long did it take for the Biden laptop stories to be confirmed?  How quickly are the requested Biden documents being turned over to the oversight committee around the money schemes (hint: still not turned over)?

What percentage of DoJ employees donated to Biden vs. Trump?  (85%)

How long did it take for us to learn about the search for Trump docs at Trump's Mar Largo?  (immediately leaked)  What did those involved have to say?

"We're going to look at how we can have a more effective mechanism of ensuring compliance," Adam Schiff, D-Calif said. "There is substantive concern about it, and it's not a concern that began in the last administration, but it certainly has reached a new height."

Bennie Thompson, D-Miss. said the committee "would not hesitate" to make a criminal referral to the Justice Department if lawmakers determine that Trump willfully violated the Presidential Records Act.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, jross said:

Groundhog's day.  Exactly.  No charges.  But why?  Is it because there was no crime?  Or is it because there is an incentive to ignore it?

Ask yourself how long it took for this Menendez news to break, considering the FBI searched his place in June 2022?  (15 months).

How long did it take for the Biden laptop stories to be confirmed?  How quickly are the requested Biden documents being turned over to the oversight committee around the money schemes (hint: still not turned over)?

How long did it take for us to learn about the search for Trump docs at Trump's Mar Largo?  (immediately leaked)  What did those involved have to say?

Nonsense.  I don't go down Q-anon rabbit holes,  and nor should you. 

Stupidity at its finest.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

3 minutes ago, jross said:

What happened to Menedez the last time he was charged with crimes?  Well, the Dems were called 'spineless' and he was acquitted in 2018.

https://whyy.org/articles/commentary-spineless-dems-wont-say-it-so-i-will-menendez-should-resign/
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/31/dismissal-of-menendez-case-380230

Who cares? He's a criminal today and deserves all consequences for his actions. 

Too bad the GOP has been duped into believing that Democrats are or enemies,  versus criminal politicians. 

12 minutes ago, jross said:

Trump was making the announcements and providing the play-by-play.

3 minutes ago, jross said:

The guy who cared enough to create this topic?

Yes,  regarding today. That's all that matters,  given the current allegations. 

No need to muddy the waters.  Democrats are telling him to resign,  calling him a criminal,  and not defending him. 

Republicans cannot say the same about ol' 91.

Instead, of perceived censorship,  the 30 percenters prefer actual legislated censorship. 

In 28 years of teaching,  I've NEVER seen this much censorship from state legislatures. 

The book banning in schools seems necessary for age appropriateness.

Why is a rating system applied to movies and games... but not books?  Certainly, a book like the Archarchist Cookbook should have a rating system and not openly be accessible for study by teenage boys.

I've read many banned books, not limited to... The Kite Runner, Fahrenheit 451, The Giver, Animal Farm, The Outsiders, To Kill a Mockingbird, Of Mice and Men, The Catcher in the Rye, The Diary of Anne Frank, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Bridge to Terabithia, Harry Potter...

Some of the ban reasons are silly, but situational bans (for the children) are logical to me... it is 100% appropriate where applied to movies... why not books?

Is this (book banning) the legislated censorship you refer to?  For fairness of point making, let's recall that books are banned in schools by libs and conservatives.

Edited by jross
  • Fire 1

22 minutes ago, jross said:

The book banning in schools seems necessary for age appropriateness.

Why is a rating system applied to movies and games... but not books?  Certainly, a book like the Archarchist Cookbook should have a rating system and not openly be accessible for study by teenage boys.

I've read many banned books, not limited to... The Kite Runner, Fahrenheit 451, The Giver, Animal Farm, The Outsiders, To Kill a Mockingbird, Of Mice and Men, The Catcher in the Rye, The Diary of Anne Frank, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Bridge to Terabithia, Harry Potter...

Some of the ban reasons are silly, but situational bans (for the children) are logical to me... it is 100% appropriate where applied to movies... why not books?

Is this (book banning) the legislated censorship you refer to?  For fairness of point making, let's recall that books are banned in schools by libs and conservatives.

And you've looked over and read these books banned for not being "age appropriate" correct? If not,  how do you know,  outside of what irresponsible "journalists" tell you what to think?

Libs banning books? Which ones,  other than none,  have been done legislatively?

I'll reply later,  to learn our resident big gubment cancel culture advocates, but here's a good case in pernt.

I think sex ed. should start in kindergarten. "Age appropriate?"

Edited by Ban Basketball

I'll reply later,  to learn our resident big gubment cancel culture advocates, but here's a good case in pernt.

I think sex ed. should start in kindergarten. "Age appropriate?"

Sure.  They should be taught about privacy, touch appropriateness, and permission...   Boundaries.  It is not age-appropriate to teach how to practice wrapping a banana.

• Fire 1

And you've looked over and read these books banned for not being "age appropriate" correct? If not,  how do you know,  outside of what irresponsible "journalists" tell you what to think?

Libs banning books? Which ones,  other than none,  have been done legislatively?

Two African-American members of the state Assembly have introduced a non-binding resolution calling on school districts in New Jersey to remove “Adventures of Huckleberry Finn“ — widely acclaimed as one of America’s greatest literary works — from their curricula.

“I think this is a racist book,” declared one of the sponsors, Verlina Reynolds-Jackson, a Democrat from Mercer County, citing the novel’s frequent use of the N-word. “To use this book in this climate is not doing the African American community any justice at all.”

https://www.politico.com/states/new-jersey/story/2019/03/21/new-jersey-lawmakers-want-schools-to-stop-teaching-huckleberry-finn-924748

----------

Schools in Burbank will no longer be able to teach a handful of classic novels, including Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird, following concerns raised by parents over racism.

Middle and high school English teachers in the Burbank Unified School District received the news during a virtual meeting on September 9.

Until further notice, teachers in the area will not be able to include on their curriculum Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird, Mark Twain's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, John Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men, Theodore Taylor's The Cay and Mildred D. Taylor's Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry.

https://www.newsweek.com/kill-mockingbird-other-books-banned-california-schools-over-racism-concerns-1547241

---------

https://web.archive.org/web/20200513024347/https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2020/05/08/book-banning-is-a-bipartisan-game/

2 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

I wouldn't trust 'journalists' on what is age-appropriate for kids.   The film industry does a good enough job of covering a complex topic.  I trust parents, particularly those still married with non-adult kids.

https://www.filmratings.com/RatingsGuide#:~:text=Ratings are assigned by a,parents would give a movie.

Edited by jross