Peter Santanello's US Border series.

Threadkilla

Peter Santanello has several great documentaries and I'm sure several of you have seen this series.  If you haven't, it is the most comprehensive non partison look at the situation at the border.  

Santanello doesn't pick sides but It is obvious this is one of,  if not the greatest failure of the Dems and Biden Administration.  ie:  California and NYC etc etc. are feeling the brunt of this mess.     We all are as they tax it away.  

NYC mayor Adams who was a champion of open borders is now dealing with a huge crisis.   Just this week stating:  "The greatest, I believe, humanitarian crisis the city has ever witnessed," he said. Adams is also considering using a closed federal prison as an option to house migrants. New York City projects it could spend up to $12 billion on the crisis in the next three years.    

I hope he and other open border libs own the failure.  

Below is the first video of the series.

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

Peter Santanello has several great documentaries and I'm sure several of you have seen this series.  If you haven't, it is the most comprehensive non-partison look at the situation at the border.  

The non-partisan angle is refreshing, because the problem is exactly that.

The border problem has existed for many decades. Not just D/Biden or R/Trump or D/Obama or R/Bush, etc. The problem isn't a D vs R problem - it is a border problem, and it isn't a simple one. It is an extremely tough problem. Which is why administrations from either party haven't been able to solve it.

The first step here is for us to stop lying to each other. It isn't an R vs D problem. Nobody actually wants "open" borders. Nobody. And, further, nobody has the answers in their pocket. Nobody.

We all pay taxes, and we fund the US Customs and Border Patrol nearly $4 Billion a year.

Some falsely claim our borders are being ignored - I'm pointing at "our" nearly $4 Billion expense that says otherwise.

This is a hard problem. Trying to make it an R vs D problem on top of that isn't helping.

2 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

The border problem has existed for many decades. Not just D/Biden or R/Trump or D/Obama or R/Bush, etc. The problem isn't a D vs R problem - it is a border problem, and it isn't a simple one. It is an extremely tough problem. Which is why administrations from either party haven't been able to solve it.

The first step here is for us to stop lying to each other. It isn't an R vs D problem. Nobody actually wants "open" borders. Nobody. And, further, nobody has the answers in their pocket. Nobody.

We all pay taxes, and we fund the US Customs and Border Patrol nearly $4 Billion a year.

Some falsely claim our borders are being ignored - I'm pointing at "our" nearly $4 Billion expense that says otherwise.

This is a hard problem. Trying to make it an R vs D problem on top of that isn't helping.

Throwing money at the problem and actually doing something tangeable about it are two totally seperate things.  Much of the wall has already been paid for but construction has stopped under this administration, the workers are being paid to sit and wait for a go ahead to resume the build..   

"Build the Wall" was considered racist under Trump as another way to disparage him.   The Arizona Sheriff points out that border crossings under this administration have increased exponentially and it likewise takes more border patrol personel to monitor the border than it did.   Just because the Dems hate one person,  

The Texas sheriff said they were doing great things until right after Biden took office and Mayorkas told them they wanted to go in a different direction.    All border law enforcement were removed from the bipartison DHS Advisory council and replaced with beaurocrats.  

People that want to be honest know that the border crisis is much worse under this administration.  

• Fire 2

I understand that the cages are still there and being used.  It has been reported that around 85K unaccompanied minors can’t be located.  One whistleblower has said that the government is participating in child trafficking.  The supplies that were bought to build the border are being auctioned off.  And that the cartels are getting much bolder as they, in effect, run the border.  Yes, I’d say it is much worse under Biden (D).  

• Fire 2

I’d be up for taking $4 billion of the $100 billion sent to Ukraine to double our budget.
  • Fire 3

1 hour ago, headshuck said:

I’d be up for taking $4 billion of the $100 billion sent to Ukraine to double our budget.

Or you could argues the full $100B, why worry about Ukraine's border if not taking care of ours?  

22 minutes ago, ionel said:

Or you could argues the full $100B, why worry about Ukraine's border if not taking care of ours?  

It's not really a money issue,  the majority of the wall is already paid for. it's an asylum/sanctuary issue,  Mexicans and known convicts are the only ones that have to hide from the authorites.  (Mexico has a treaty with the US). 

The majority are coming from other countries and get into the US seeking asylum. Often times they cross and call 911 to get picked up. They need to complete the wall and change the current policies.  We would be saving billions .   

30 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

It's not really a money issue,  the majority of the wall is already paid for. it's an asylum/sanctuary issue,  Mexicans and known convicts are the only ones that have to hide from the authorites.  (Mexico has a treaty with the US). 

The majority are coming from other countries and get into the US seeking asylum. Often times they cross and call 911 to get picked up. They need to complete the wall and change the current policies.  We would be saving billions .   

I think the Sheriff in the video covers that.  That and the difference between the previous administration and this one. 

19 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

I think the Sheriff in the video covers that.  That and the difference between the previous administration and this one. 

It certainly does. If you are going to watch, the first video is the best.  Super informative.  

Edited by Threadkilla

51 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Well sure.  My point isn't that we should spend $100B on the problem but that if a majority of congress critters are supporting spending $100B on Ukraine's border issue then why can't we get a majority of them to support solving our border issue?  But we all know its politics, if they keep defining the problem differently then they can use it as a political weapon.  

5 minutes ago, ionel said:

Well sure.  My point isn't that we should spend $100B on the problem but that if a majority of congress critters are supporting spending $100B on Ukraine's border issue then why can't we get a majority of them to support solving our border issue?  But we all know its politics, if they keep defining the problem differently then they can use it as a political weapon.  

How do we solve the border issue in the US? 

14 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Build the wall and put me, husker, bigbrog, and headshuck down there as asylum judges. 

I question the wisdom of putting @headshuck down there.  He'll start smoking butt roast and every Central & South American country will have folks climbing over the new wall to get some.  😋 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

FT_21.11.01_MexicoBorder_4.png?w=640

Build the Wall and change the Asylum policies.   

Tattletale "News" has done a tremendous job of duping the 30 percenters into equating border encounters with border crossings.  

Encounters are actually good, as those are individuals being caught and apprehended. The fact is (you can see the graph on the same site that you used above, Pew) is that undocumented immigration numbers have been declining for several years.

With that said,  we'll happily take some here in Ioway, as we have a people shortage, which exacerbates a worker shortage.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

3 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Hey Bob...anyway we can get a count of how many times "Tattletale News"  and "30 percenters" is used??  

My words hurting you again?

Nice appeal to get my culture cancelled.

You'll get your wish soon, and ask your tears will go away. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

3 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

They are pretty popularwith the low IQ crowd.  

Yes, the 30 percenters!

Precisely!

5 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

My words hurting you again?

Nice appeal to get my culture cancelled.

You'll get your wish soon, and ask your tears will go away. 

LOL...you assume I actually care enough if you to get canceled or not...but keep being you Ban!