Roger Waters - Dark Side Redux

mspart

https://bestclassicbands.com/roger-waters-dark-side-of-the-moon-redux-8-24-23/

This is the worst thing he could have done in my opinion.    Here is his new version of Time.

Here is his new version of Money:

Just awful.   What is he thinking?  Who would want to listen to this garbage?  I read about this effort some time back and thought this might be interesting.   NOT!!   Who would have purchased this back in the day and who would purchase it now?   I love Pink Floyd but this is an abomination.

Other opinions?

mspart

• Fire 1

Certainly coming at it from a completely different way, kinda like Charlie and Willy Wonka are both a story about the chocolate factory but not at all the same story...  Big Floyd fan and it seems the darker side that Waters has seemed to have taken the last few years is coming out.   Don't care for the vocal but the music is not at all garbage in my opinion, just different.  

8 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

If it was the original probably a good number of people.

One listen and forgotten...:classic_cool:

Oh yeah, the original was on the top 100 charts for over 700 consecutive months.   Lots of people bought that album.  Me included.   I agree, one listen and forgotten.  

14 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Don't care for the vocal but the music is not at all garbage in my opinion, just different.  

I don't care for the vocal either.   He's not much of a vocalist anyway.   But he is trying to erase the contributions of David Gilmour and Rick Wright.   They were integral to making the Pink Floyd sound.  And he has taken those away.    The music is similar but not nearly as well done as the original.   It is different, but not in a good way.  

He's just a mean old man trying to get his last licks in. 

Thanks WR and MP for responding. 

mspart

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, mspart said:

Hi Plasi, what about Money is garbage to you?   I love that song and do not consider it garbage.    I'd be interested in your opinion. 

mspart

It is personal taste.  I just don't like it.  The lyrics are fine, but the cash register is irritating LOL

I finally took time to listen to Time and, yes, I agree.  That was indeed the most painful thing I may have listened to in my life, and I'm a big Pink Floyd fan!

I'm all for redux, but that was just pure awful.  

As a side note, their last studio album was equally painful to liten to.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!