2023 Junior Worlds

4 hours ago, denger said:

Was this a surprising underperformance by the Japanese Women? Only two finalists: One champ, one silver, three bronze .

India's three champs, one silver, three bronze wins it.

USA came up 3rd. Elor is obviously an a different level - It's just a little surprising that she's still competing in Juniors...why not travel and whoop on girls her age? Blades looked like she was sick, but I don't know if better health would have made a difference against the eventual champ from India who shut out all of her opponents. Janiak was a 5-second brain fart from the finals. Jones gutted out a Bronze. Jimenez looked pretty solid through the semis, then got stuck by China, who teched or pinned her way through the tournament. 

She won U23  last year.She also won the senior world championships.

On 8/18/2023 at 5:32 PM, Paul158 said:

USA came up 3rd. Elor is obviously an a different level - It's just a little surprising that she's still competing in Juniors...why not travel and whoop on girls her age?

This is just a guess on my part, but I believe that Elor wanted to test herself prior to the Senior World’s. 

• Fire 2

6 hours ago, de4856 said:

This is just a guess on my part, but I believe that Elor wanted to test herself prior to the Senior World’s. 

It's also great that she's traveling the world on her earned success. Given the stomach flu that the women's team described, it sounds like a...useful...learning experience even if it came with some misfortune. 

A bit late on this, but I was travelling for the past week.  It is significant to note that King Abdullah of Jordan (hosts of the Junior Worlds) was a solid high school wrestler while attending prep school in the US.  His brother Ali, was also successful.  Numerous articles and pictures are online that mention their association with wrestling in the US.

• Fire 2