U20 Pan Ams

de4856

It was very interesting to see Casey Cunningham in Messenbrink’s corner already. Also, Messenbrink is Vito-quick. I was amazed by that.

It will be interesting to see what PSU does at 157-165. I think both Haines and Messenbrink would be locks for the 157 final. Not sure if Messenbrink is anywhere near full sized 165 yet.

I could see one of them taking a RS, the other going 157, and Facundo going 165 again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched yesterday's FS action... the fact that 125Kg'er Hill's loss to Canada's Mahil by 4-4 criteria was the only thing that separated the USA from sweeping the gold.

Bouzakis @ 61Kg was a pitbull on the mat. The fact that he gave up a point to Kirk from Puerto Rico then proceeded to take him apart for a 12-1 TF.

What was worse was when Herrera of Peru hit a 4 pt throw only delayed the inevitable 14-4 TF that NB put on him to nab the gold.

Bouzakis was awarded the Golden Boot as the Outstanding Wrestler in the Tournament.

D3

• Fire 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

2 hours ago, Le duke said:

It was very interesting to see Casey Cunningham in Messenbrink’s corner already. Also, Messenbrink is Vito-quick. I was amazed by that.

It will be interesting to see what PSU does at 157-165. I think both Haines and Messenbrink would be locks for the 157 final. Not sure if Messenbrink is anywhere near full sized 165 yet.

I could see one of them taking a RS, the other going 157, and Facundo going 165 again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vito-quick? C’mon man….

5 hours ago, D3 for LU said:

Watched yesterday's FS action... the fact that 125Kg'er Hill's loss to Canada's Mahil by 4-4 criteria was the only thing that separated the USA from sweeping the gold.

Bouzakis @ 61Kg was a pitbull on the mat. The fact that he gave up a point to Kirk from Puerto Rico then proceeded to take him apart for a 12-1 TF.

What was worse was when Herrera of Peru hit a 4 pt throw only delayed the inevitable 14-4 TF that NB put on him to nab the gold.

Bouzakis was awarded the Golden Boot as the Outstanding Wrestler in the Tournament.

D3

How was Outstanding Wrestler decided? Bouzakis wrestled well, for sure, but he put himself in a hole in two matches. There was a guy who won all his matches 11-0 or 10-0 with first-period tech falls and, as you can see, gave up no points in any of his matches. This short video is from his final against a strong fellow who has already spent a year in the University of Guelph's wrestling room: 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

There was a guy who won all his matches 11-0 or 10-0 with first-period tech falls and, as you can see, gave up no points in any of his matches.

He wrestled three matches. Bouzakis wrestled five, with four TF's and a fall.

• Fire 4

Side note to last weekends tourny... USA 125Kg Hill was quite small, in comparison to Mahil from Canada.

And despite that, he was in the match till the end. (Though, after going behind 1-1  criteria after Mahil got the shot clock point, I felt it would be an uphill climb for Hill. Pun was unintentional, of course! 😉)

D3

• Fire 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.