Budapest Ranking Tournament

97Kg gold medal match... so even if the hometown favorite wins the bout over the Georgian transplant (who is built like a mountain!) , there was really no reason for him to taunt the Italian in the end (yeah, the Italian gave him a little chuck on the head, but to be honest, it appeared to yours truly to be  more of an "attaboy, than a "up yours." gesture... imho.)

That was just poor form by the Hungarian... no need for the taunt at all.

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

On 7/15/2023 at 12:02 PM, D3 for LU said:

Oh, by the way... I looked on the UWW site for this Budapest tournament, and looked at the medal winners, especially w/ the women in question.

Individual Neutral Athletes, or in that foreign syntax of things, Athletes, Individual Neutral/AIN... but I got to hand it to you for finding that region in France... good find, sir!

D3

Maybe in purgatory after already transferring from RUS prior to the freeze-out but not nationalized as a citizen of the incoming country yet? Feels like a @Jon_Kozak question since if anyone has solid grasp on these situations it would be him.

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

6 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Isn't he WCAP?

He sure is. Army WCAP and ILLINI RTC. These folks deserve all the funding they can get. Plus, he can stop into Champaign and have goes with Edmond Ruth and both of the Brawlnagels.

Zane has said he very much appreciates sponsorship from TMWC and the ILLINI RTC. If Titan Mercury helped to keep him in the game until he could reach his potential, then I appreciate them as well. Cheers!

On 7/14/2023 at 10:00 AM, nhs67 said:

International refs consider mat control when it comes to activity clock violations.  They have done this for years while the US does whatever TF they want to do.

I am not excusing it or faulting Arujau (or his coaching/prep).  I wish the refs here would just simply ref the same way.  I believe Arujau will still medal at the very worst come Worlds.  He beats that guy next time and doesn't leave it to the clock.

When I watched the US Open and Final X, I noticed how the US officials rarely called activity clock violations. It became obvious after watching the ranking tournament matches.

• Fire 3

41 minutes ago, KennyEBHS said:

When I watched the US Open and Final X, I noticed how the US officials rarely called activity clock violations. It became obvious after watching the ranking tournament matches.

Because in the US we interpret freestyle activity violations 1:1 as folkstyle stalling. It's about holding center and not engaging in negative wrestling but we are known to hold an "Iowa Style" mentality because it has been engrained for generations. Taking a shot when you're backing up to the cylinder won't hold water internationally like if you are trying to avoid a stall call in folk.

• Fire 2

i am an idiot on the internet