Trump is getting arrested again.

That is a great question that should be asked...answer = they ALL should have been charged just like Trump.  And they "why" for them not being charged, please don't be disingenuous, you know for a fact that justice is applied unequally.  What absolutely sucks about all this is the next time a R is in control of the justice department/FBI it will be used against the D's...it will become a vicious circle.  To not see that is putting your partisan glasses on and then burying your head in the sand.

The difference is Pence and Biden didn’t try to hide anything. Both of them tried to correct their mistakes, working with the government.

The US GOV is remarkably forgiving if/when you come clean. Mistakes happen.

When you brag about knowingly having TS+ docs in your possession, they make an example of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

In hiliary’s case, Trump told the DOJ not to pursue her; he tried to get Zelensky to pursue what the FBIPAC and the CIAPAC wouldn’t do, the records were in Ukraine, and got impeached for it. 

You missed a good portion of what he *did*, chief.

14 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I misspoke. It’s TS//RD-CNWDI.

Here’s the deal, folks.

He didn’t declassify that stuff. Full stop.

We can quibble about the S//REL docs on Hillary’s server all we want; the two are in different universes.

Odd, a court has previously ruled that if the president, or an agent of his, takes the records with him, they are declassified.  

Controls are the handling information on the cover sheet or folder jacket of classified materials - redacting them means that the controls themselves are even so sensitive they aren’t able to show the public who owns or the protocols under which that document is managed.

I see I made a mistake in the title.   Surprised one of the village pedants didn't catch it. 

He won't be arrested, only indicted.  Also, George Santos' bond suretors weren't required to put up a single red cent of $500k.  That brings us back to the uneven nature of the justice system, but of course it is not left and right.  Duh, it is rich and poor.  On charges this serious, Trump should be required to fork over his passport and fly commercial.

I’ve seen my dog pant but I don’t think I’ve seen anything like what some are doing today.  It’s kinda like just before the muler report came out, but bigger.  Funny the coincidences, chuck todd dropped out just before this.  

A federal judge allowed the other prosecutions this guy won, only to be overturned by Supreme Court unanimous votes. 

Some federal judges suck.  There’s even a Supreme Court justice that can’t tell you what a woman is.  Sheesh!

Edited by Offthemat

A federal judge allowed the other prosecutions this guy won, only to be overturned by Supreme Court unanimous votes. 

Some federal judges suck.  There’s even a Supreme Court justice that can’t tell you what a woman is.  Sheesh!

So, what you’re saying is you can’t point to an actual ruling re: presidential declassification?

2 hours ago, mspart said:

Oh my goodness.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/joe-biden-allegedly-paid-dollar5-million-by-burisma-executive-in-pay-for-play-bribery-scheme-fbi-document-reveals/ar-AA1cjhZ2

Joe Biden Allegedly Paid $5 Million by Burisma Executive in 'Pay-for-Play' Bribery Scheme, FBI Document Reveals

I have no (new or old) scuttlebutt on either Slo Joe or The Orange Imbicile, but the headline on Biden got me to thinking about Big Oil/Gas and payments to our politicians.  A lot people here in NYS are all in a tizzy about the electric car mandates upcoming in 2026, 2030, 2035 (and many other things, mostly having a woman Governor).  They somehow have been led to believe that no one will be able to drive an ICE soon.  I can't imagine that will be the case for a loooong time.  To wit:

134 billion gallons of gasoline were sold in the US last year.  At $3 per gallon, that works out to about $400 billion per year.  If Big Oil were to "invest" just 1% of that in the pockets of our 535 US Senators and Representatives, that would work out to nearly 7-1/2 million for each of the 535.  EACH YEAR!  (At that rate, Biden was actually getting shortchanged by the Ukrainian gas company).  Does anyone actually think ICE vehicles will be outlawed anytime soon?  I refer you to oft changed and manipulated CAFE standards.  I'm not sure they mean anything anymore.  Who do you imagine benefits from that?  Hint, they "work" in Washington...

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, BerniePragle said:

Does anyone actually think ICE vehicles will be outlawed anytime soon?  I refer you to oft changed and manipulated CAFE standards.  I'm not sure they mean anything anymore.  Who do you imagine benefits from that?  Hint, they "work" in Washington...

I think these mandates will get pushed out.   The infrastructure will not be there to make them viable.  If we keep moving toward wind and solar, and removing coal, Nat gas, and dams, and not using nuclear, there definitely won't be enough reliable energy to charge all the cars.   That is my thought on it. 

mspart

2 hours ago, BerniePragle said:

A lot people here in NYS are all in a tizzy about the electric car mandates upcoming in 2026, 2030, 2035 (and many other things, mostly having a woman Governor).

I would amend that to "mostly having a crazy progressive woman Governor).  I believe it has less to do with her gender than her ideaology.  If you had someone reasonable in there, it wouldn't matter if the Gov was male or female.  We have plenty of examples around the country to choose from. 

mspart

7 minutes ago, mspart said:

I think these mandates will get pushed out.   The infrastructure will not be there to make them viable.  If we keep moving toward wind and solar, and removing coal, Nat gas, and dams, and not using nuclear, there definitely won't be enough reliable energy to charge all the cars.   That is my thought on it. 

mspart

As someone who has recently worked for an electrical vehicle company, I doubt this.

Edited by Mike Parrish

1 hour ago, Mike Parrish said:

As someone who has recently worked for an electrical vehicle company, I doubt this.

Mike What do you doubt?   Mandates will get pushed out?  The infrastructure will not be there?  Not sure what you doubt. 

Electric cars, in my opinion, will not replace regular cars for those that need to travel long distances, need trucks to haul stuff, etc.   It will not be popular at all.  But for those that only commute to and from work, it might work out for them ok.   But will they choose to take that car on a 500 mile trip?   Nope.  Having to charge up overnight in the middle of the drive is not that appealing.   Charging up faster damages the battery from what I understand.   So the fast speedy charge would ultimately be counter productive.  

mspart

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, mspart said:

Mike What do you doubt?   Mandates will get pushed out?  The infrastructure will not be there?  Not sure what you doubt. 

Electric cars, in my opinion, will not replace regular cars for those that need to travel long distances, need trucks to haul stuff, etc.   It will not be popular at all.  But for those that only commute to and from work, it might work out for them ok.   But will they choose to take that car on a 500 mile trip?   Nope.  Having to charge up overnight in the middle of the drive is not that appealing.   Charging up faster damages the battery from what I understand.   So the fast speedy charge would ultimately be counter productive.  

mspart

Sorry, I was leaving to do some road patching and left a confusing post.

I don't see mandates getting pushed out, at least in California.

Modern batteries from my previous employer are getting 600-700 miles on a full charge.
Range anxiety and charging hysteresis will go away with the newer battery chemistry and smarter charging circuits.

Battery swap is a better solution.
Lease the battery.
I don't know that we'll see that technology in the USA any time soon though.

Edited by Mike Parrish

1 hour ago, Mike Parrish said:

Sorry, I was leaving to do some road patching and left a confusing post.

I don't see mandates getting pushed out, at least in California.

Modern batteries from my previous employer are getting 600-700 miles on a full charge.
Range anxiety and charging hysteresis will go away with the newer battery chemistry and smarter charging circuits.

Battery swap is a better solution.
Lease the battery.
I don't know that we'll see that technology in the USA any time soon though.

Wow

How is this better for the environment???

10 hours ago, mspart said:

mspart

Of course they'll get pushed back.  That was my point.  I suppose whether it will be because of lack of capacity or because of what I said will be indistinguishable (chicken/egg).  I've thought about trying to put numbers to our electric capacity vs future requirements for electric cars, but just haven't bothered.  I'm not sure a non-insider such as myself could access enough valid info to do that legitimately, and I refuse to invent numbers that support an already preconceived notion or to regurgitate such.  My gut feeling though is that, as always, we're getting played.  It's hard for me to believe that there is anywhere near enough extra capacity to absorb electric vehicles on this scale, or that that capacity will/could be built by the deadlines.  To mis-use an old phrase... Electric plants aren't built in a day.  Off-peak charging would help but I can't imagine nearly enough.

Many people dislike the government meddling in business.  Unfortunately, fewer anymore seem to be concerned about big business running our government.  They're much more concerned with who's using what bathroom, how many bullets they can put in their gun at one time, and other more important things.  I guess it may come down to who's more powerful in Washington, Big Oil or the electric utilities.  My money's not on Sparky.

Edited by BerniePragle
  • Fire 2

11 hours ago, Le duke said:

Battery recycling, and the overall reduction of pollutants to produce a vehicle and use it through its expected lifetime.

Have you thought through the full life cycle of the production of these batteries (mining the chemicals) through the disposal once they can't be used anymore?  Funny you don't see any information on that come out.

19 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Have you thought through the full life cycle of the production of these batteries (mining the chemicals) through the disposal once they can't be used anymore?  Funny you don't see any information on that come out.

Compared to drilling, spills, oil extraction, transporting, refining, local gas station storage, evaporation, and, finally, burning it in cars?

You can't be this dumb.