We need DC turnover. More of this!

Plasmodium

40 minutes ago, mspart said:

The one for AOC was published in 2020.   She should have been gone last election.   Those pesky voters!!

mspart

The voters that count here are pelosi and feinstein.   Highly, highly improbable they get unseated.    This shouldn't be up to the voters.  We need term limits.

Holy smokes, Feinstein started a thirty year career in DC - at 60!

Oh, I thought you wanted AOC out.   Yeah, those pesky voters keep voting in Pelosi and Feinstein.   I don't think Feinstein would survive another election.   Meaning she won't be elected, not that she would croak.  Wow, you really gotta be PC with the word selection these days!!

mspart

2 minutes ago, mspart said:

Oh, I thought you wanted AOC out.   Yeah, those pesky voters keep voting in Pelosi and Feinstein.   I don't think Feinstein would survive another election.   Meaning she won't be elected, not that she would croak.  Wow, you really gotta be PC with the word selection these days!!

mspart

She's not running, she's retiring (thankfully).    I would very much like for the people with power in this country to be under 70.

Yep.    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/03/02/aoc-met-gala-ethics/11384545002/

A congressional watchdog says Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez might have violated House rules when she received gifts associated with her attendance at a prestigious fashion event in 2021.

The Office of Congressional Ethics recommended the House ethics committee continue investigating an allegation against the New York Democrat “because there is substantial reason to believe that she accepted impermissible gifts” associated with the Met Gala, according to a release Thursday from the agency....

The review said Ocasio-Cortez paid for the items, including the rental value of the dress, only after the watchdog office started its review. Investigators said that if the office hadn’t opened the inquiry, “it appears that Rep. Ocasio-Cortez may not have paid for several thousands of dollars’ worth of goods and services provided to her.”

Playin' the game like a pro.   Nothing to worry about here. 

mspart

You know that is what they said here in the Legislature.   So they created a law that taxed capital gains over 250k.   That is illegal under the constitution of WA which says a tax must be employed uniformly.   The WA state supreme court has numerous times stated that there can be no graduated income tax because of the Constitution.  However, the State Supremes are a bunch of leftists and they allowed this to pass by calling it an excise tax.   As soon as they made that determination, a bill was put forward to bring the level of capital gains down to 11k.   So I guess it depends on your definition of rich. 

mspart