Can you predict your favorite team's lineup for next season?

flyingcement

4 hours ago, lu1979 said:

Navy should have Wask (#22) coming in from NAPS - Penn will have Cosgrove (#39) coming in at 197 - he will contend with Urbas for the starting spot.  Army has a good class coming in this year but I don't know if any will go diectly to WP or if they are going to MAPS.

I remember some Wask matches - he is very interesting!

17 hours ago, Tripnsweep said:

ASU could get Nevills or the heavyweight from Harvard.

I can already imagine job interviews lol

So Mr. Slavikouski, I see here that you obtained a bachelor's degree from Harvard and you received a graduate diploma from... Arizona State? Did you cheat your way into Harvard and were exposed? Did you commit criminal atrocities? I understand that one may not be able to stay at the top when that is where you started, but sir you ended up at the McDonald's of grad schools. We have serious reservations about your potential employment with our firm.

• Haha 4

i am an idiot on the internet

6 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

So Mr. Slavikouski, I see here that you obtained a bachelor's degree from Harvard and you received a graduate diploma from... Arizona State? Did you cheat your way into Harvard and were exposed? Did you commit criminal atrocities? I understand that one may not be able to stay at the top when that is where you started, but sir you ended up at the McDonald's of grad schools. We have serious reservations about your potential employment with our firm.

My dad actually made that move, from Harvard to ASU as an undergrad. He later told me he kind of wished he hadn't gone to Harvard, he wanted to go to Dartmouth or Brown. My grandfather was also a 2nd generation Harvard alumni so my dad didn't have much choice. When he transferred to ASU, he had to take a Spanish literature class as a prerequisite for something, and when he was registering mentioned he took a class from some world famous Spanish writer, and the head of the department just happened to be walking by and overheard it. He said to my dad, "You took a class from the great whoever that author was?" And when my dad said yes the department head ripped up the registration and said, "Nobody who has taken a class from him needs to be bothered by this!" And enrolled my dad without the prerequisite himself. I still don't know exactly why he left Harvard, I have some guesses. He built a ski jump outside the library among other things, so I can only imagine what went on at Harvard in the 70s. 

Haven't seen VT done yet.  They are returning a nice lineup. Lower weights seem set while the uppers have some questions.

125 - Ventresca

133 - Latona

141 - Crook

149 - Henson

157 - Andonian

165 - Brady

174 - Lewis/?

184 - Stewart/Fisher

197 - Stewart/Smith/Sasso

285 - Catka/Mullens

• Fire 1

34 minutes ago, Tricky Dicky said:

Haven't seen VT done yet.  They are returning a nice lineup. Lower weights seem set while the uppers have some questions.

125 - Ventresca

133 - Latona

141 - Crook

149 - Henson

157 - Andonian

165 - Brady

174 - Lewis/?

184 - Stewart/Fisher

197 - Stewart/Smith/Sasso

285 - Catka/Mullens

Questions:

- Flynn and Ulrey?  Do they transfer out?

Lewis?  Does he stay 174 or go up/down due to it being an Olympic year (which he could Oly-shirt too, fwiw)?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

9 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

My former neighbor went to Harvard as an undergrad and ASU for his PhD (archeology).  ASU has a fairly good program. 

He ended up as a tenured professor at Buffalo.

On 3/25/2023 at 10:15 PM, SunDevil said:

Im intrigued by both Meissner and Schunke getting a shot at 197. I don’t think Teemer moves to 165 this year, but if he did, Larkin would be my pick at 157   

what are they gonna do with Chlebolve? he's gotta transfer, right? seems like a real talent is blocked from the lineup. 

11 hours ago, Tripnsweep said:

My dad actually made that move, from Harvard to ASU as an undergrad. He later told me he kind of wished he hadn't gone to Harvard, he wanted to go to Dartmouth or Brown. My grandfather was also a 2nd generation Harvard alumni so my dad didn't have much choice. When he transferred to ASU, he had to take a Spanish literature class as a prerequisite for something, and when he was registering mentioned he took a class from some world famous Spanish writer, and the head of the department just happened to be walking by and overheard it. He said to my dad, "You took a class from the great whoever that author was?" And when my dad said yes the department head ripped up the registration and said, "Nobody who has taken a class from him needs to be bothered by this!" And enrolled my dad without the prerequisite himself. I still don't know exactly why he left Harvard, I have some guesses. He built a ski jump outside the library among other things, so I can only imagine what went on at Harvard in the 70s. 

I think the answer to what you say you didn't know about him going to Harvard is right there in what you posted here:

"He later told me he kind of wished he hadn't gone to Harvard, he wanted to go to Dartmouth or Brown"

6 minutes ago, Bardamu911 said:

what are they gonna do with Chlebolve? he's gotta transfer, right? seems like a real talent is blocked from the lineup. 

If Ysaguirre can't drop down to 133 lbs I would think it would be Chlebove as the ASU starter at 133 lbs for 2024.  Or at worst, if Emilio does drop down to 133 lbs Chlebove is the back-up for Ysaguirre in case of injury.

Also, isn't Chlebove Zeke's son-in law? Or do I have him confused with someone else?

Edited by NearFall
addition

24 minutes ago, Bardamu911 said:

To me he gives me Quinn Kinner/Rocky Jordan vibes.  Good enough to contend for mid-AA if they go the right weight (141/174, respectively).  I believe Kinner should have been 141 this year, to be frank.  He loses his length advantage at 149 and gives up a strength to many more than he would have at 141.

If he can maintain 133 and get to a MAC/SoCon or to one of the 'lesser' elite P12/B12/EIWA programs (I am talking like Cal Baptist or Northern Colorado or Lock Haven type schools and not calling Stanford or Northern Iowa or Lehigh low rate) he could glide through most of the season rather unchallenged and be less banged up than some of the gents get with the brutal gauntlets that the B1G or other high profile programs tend to grind through.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 hours ago, NearFall said:

I think the answer to what you say you didn't know about him going to Harvard is right there in what you posted here:

"He later told me he kind of wished he hadn't gone to Harvard, he wanted to go to Dartmouth or Brown"

Oh I know why he went there. The circumstances of why he left were always unclear. During that period of time it could have been anything. As he would say, you can always tell a Harvard man. You just can't tell him much. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Questions:

- Flynn and Ulrey?  Do they transfer out?

Lewis?  Does he stay 174 or go up/down due to it being an Olympic year (which he could Oly-shirt too, fwiw)?

I have zero inside knowledge but wouldn't be surprised to see Flynn and Ulrey in the portal.  Hadn't considered Lewis going up or down or taking another redshirt.  I figured he would either move on or stay at 74 for one last run.  But again, no knowledge either way.

• Fire 1