Questions for Arizona State wrestling fans

NearFall

1. Does Arizona State have Teemer move up to 165 lbs for 2024 to make room for say Parco or Ramos to move up to 157 lbs?

2.Who replaces McGee at 133 lbs for 2024?  Chlebove or Ysaguirre or someone else?

3. Who replaces Norfleet at 197 lbs?

1. I think it depends on how Teemer comes off his injury. He wasn't a huge 157 but he wasn't small either. 

2. My guess is Chlebove. But Yas is the kind of guy who would run through a wall if you asked him to. So I wouldn't be surprised if he was at 33. 

3. Kordell could apply for another year so it is unlikely. Fagen is their best option for now unless they hit gold in the portal. Or get an under the radar recruit like Kordell again. 

1. Parco is not big enough for 157 and Teemer isn’t too big for 157. No reason to move two guys that are almost locks for top 4 seed.  Antoniak transferring out might lead you to believe Teemer is staying at 157.  
2.  For sure the team is much better is Yas moves down to 133. I think he can make that cut. He wrestled last summer freestyle at 61kg. 
3.  If they are going for the top of the team podium, they will need a transfer. Internally, Meissner and Schunke are there. 

5 hours ago, Tripnsweep said:

3. Kordell could apply for another year so it is unlikely. Fagen is their best option for now unless they hit gold in the portal. Or get an under the radar recruit like Kordell again. 

Norfleet had a very hard time getting a waiver this season. I think him wrestling Pac-12 eliminated him from having the possibility of a waiver. 

Edited by SunDevil
  • Fire 1