2024 Recruiting Class

53 minutes ago, juniorvarsity said:

No stain has been placed on Stanford for when they briefly planned to drop their wrestling program. They have been recruiting well, especially in the 2024 class. Rob Koll is top notch.

Had they not picked up Koll they would not be recruiting nearly as well.  Koll as their HC is the reason they have not taken any sort of step back (aside for losing Woods and Griffith...).

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

• 2 months later...
On 10/17/2023 at 8:43 PM, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Any updates on Kyler Larkin and Cody Merrill? I believe those are the last major big boarders left. 

Are there any insight on their lists and schools? All that I know is the obvious, which is ASU is in the mix for Larkin

@Husker_Du

Kyler Larkin has committed to ASU. I have heard he will grey shirt a year like his brother. 

35 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

I thought the same thing after hearing him at WNO. He said he was going to visit PSU, Iowa State, and ASU. 

So where did he announce he committed to ASU?  @SunDevil

On paper, wrestlestat website shows it on their roster depth chart. Out here in AZ, it’s what I’ve heard. 

Edited by SunDevil

12 hours ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Really hoping we land him. Literally a stud of a recruit! 

It also almost certainly lines up Iowa to be frontrunners for his brother, who is also a stud in his own right, correct?

That gives a decent insurance policy for if Kueter never actually wrestles.  Have Cody down at 197... by the time Coby gets there Focus will be in his last year and he can redshirt, then take over HWT afterwards?

12 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

It also almost certainly lines up Iowa to be frontrunners for his brother, who is also a stud in his own right, correct?

That gives a decent insurance policy for if Kueter never actually wrestles.  Have Cody down at 197... by the time Coby gets there Focus will be in his last year and he can redshirt, then take over HWT afterwards?

Yeah I thought the same thing; but I have always heard that Stanford was the front runner in his recruitment process. Also, I can see Oregon State and Oklahoma St. in the mix due to Daniel Cormier connections. 

I think he’ll be a perfect fit and his brother will be a perfect fit in the lineup; but I don’t know how much of a front runner we are. 

8 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Yeah I thought the same thing; but I have always heard that Stanford was the front runner in his recruitment process. Also, I can see Oregon State and Oklahoma St. in the mix due to Daniel Cormier connections. 

I think he’ll be a perfect fit and his brother will be a perfect fit in the lineup; but I don’t know how much of a front runner we are. 

I meant Iowa would be the frontrunner for little brother if big brother went there.  Potentially, that is.