Ohio State's Malik Heinselman out for the season

8 hours ago, Bobby said:

Bouz not certified for 25’s?

I am not sure of his certification but he did wrestle 141 earlier this year. With the descent rules in place there would be no time for him to make 125 unless he was making 125 scratch when he was wrestling at 133.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, poorwrestler said:

This sucks. Hate to see someone’s last year end this way. I feel for Malik.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know for certain how the injury was sustained? We would assume it occurred while training.  However, maybe he was doing backflips into a kiddie pool of beer at a fraternity party?  If injury was during training, agreed that I feel bad for him.  If done while doing backflips into beer pools, I would not feel bad for him. Perspective (and context) helps. 

20 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Do we know for certain how the injury was sustained? We would assume it occurred while training.  However, maybe he was doing backflips into a kiddie pool of beer at a fraternity party?  If injury was during training, agreed that I feel bad for him.  If done while doing backflips into beer pools, I would not feel bad for him. Perspective (and context) helps. 

Speaking from experience?  🤔

🙂

15 hours ago, Dogbone said:

Since Malik earned an allocation, once he doesn't enter the qualifier, the B1G loses the spot and only the top 8 earned automatic bids, correct?

Not necessarily. If the next guy in line for an allocation is a BTN guy. Looking at the NCAA coaches rankings. 15 and 16 are both big ten guys and the 15th seed was the last allocation spot for the Big Ten.

Even if his spot goes into WC, that first WC spot would be very competitive for a Big10 WC based on those rankings.

Edited by DocBB

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I remember coming out of high school Malik and Kurt McHenry were the 2 big "can't miss" prospects at 125.  Malik had a solid, but unspectacular career.  How is McHenry doing?

McHenry went as far as to win the wrestle-off at 125 at the beginning of the season, but injuries and Jack Medley gradually sidelined him.  

Overall, he's simply too small for 125.  Hopefully he'll be able to shine as an international 53kg/115 pound wrestler.