Trackwrestling

Formally140

1 minute ago, Idaho said:

There are two ways to look at it...... from the user perspective of running a tournament and from the fan perspective of watching a tournament.  I agree that it could be updated from the fan side, but if you have ever had to actually use the software to run a tournament it is very user friendly. 

I realize that, was involved with kids club tournaments when it first came out but as said, that's not why I'm paying an annual subscription to Flo.

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

I realize that, was involved with kids club tournaments when it first came out but as said, that's not why I'm paying an annual subscription to Flo.

For myself, I didn't buy Flo for Track stuff.... I bought Flo for Flo and Track was the added on bonus.  If someone bought Flo for Track stuff then I am guessing they knew what they were doing since it's been around for awhile. I do agree it could be updated from the fan side- seems like the timeout could be an easy fix. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

I’ve been in school districts where Flo was not allowed through the normal school firewalls. Track, no matter where I’ve been in the country, the south, out east, Midwest, rich preppy suburban district, poor rural one with crap wifi and old ass systems.. it works. 

Id rather have the old UI that works everywhere. And honestly with Flo, things like that nationwide crash that happened to Track around Christmas is 2016 or 2017 might increase. 

oh wait, insert my prayer of benediction to Flo 

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

For myself, I didn't buy Flo for Track stuff.... I bought Flo for Flo and Track was the added on bonus.  If someone bought Flo for Track stuff then I am guessing they knew what they were doing since it's been around for awhile. I do agree it could be updated from the fan side- seems like the timeout could be an easy fix. 

I bought Flo for Flo stuff so expect when Flo is broadcasting college wrestling it'll be on Flo and I won't have to dig up the 1990s user manual & my old Windows 95 to figure out how to navigate Track.  😞

PS: I assumed when the bought Track that meant they would have two programmers who might then work together to build a better system & UX.  Bad assumption, think once bought they fired the two programmers.

Edited by ionel

TrackWrestling is a very powerful tool that allows an immense amount of customization. It can be cumbersome to use the first few times. In designing something of that magnitude it is hard to design a perfect UI/UX for everyone. There are hundreds(maybe thousands) of options and toggles in running a tournament. I'm not sure there is something that would be perfect other than a tournament wizard that would take an hour to setup.

As far as the tournament viewing it is like most sites with lots of data, hard to design with everyone in mind. I will applaud anyone that can design the perfect website.