Boring Dual

russelscout

It is hard. The bigger the match the tighter the wrestling. Even great offensive wrestlers tighten up. Watch Taylor v Dake. Taylor did not wrestle like Taylor in those matches.

I was at the dual and it was exciting in person because you know any takedown could be mean the match, so you have the anticipation.

I wish every wrestler was Jason Nolf but very few are so we get tough, physical hand fighting.

Just now, Holtfan said:

Or.....better yet.....

Enforce the rules already in place (or in other words, call STALLING as it's designed to be called) 

find two definitions of stalling that are the same between "fans" and then rethink that statement... 

less rules...

not more...

• Fire 1

39 minutes ago, Holtfan said:

Or.....better yet.....

Enforce the rules already in place (or in other words, call STALLING as it's designed to be called) 

This is the problem, though.  The refs have shown, definitively, that they just won't do it. Period.  And they're even getting worse (more inconsistent).  That's why, unfortunately, the only way to address the issue is with a rule change.  

1 hour ago, Holtfan said:

That is not what I said---I said "What if Wrestler A shoots, and Wrestler-B executes a Slide-By" ??  Wrestler-B is not relying on anything, he is reacting and hitting his offensive move.  What was proposed was giving 1 point for a Defensive TD. So.....was Wrester-B's TD an offensive or defensive TD? 

We already have issues with subjective officiating without tossing complications like this into the mix. 

Just my view from the cheap seats........

I do agree but when it comes to passivity we need forward moving attacking wrestlers. I honestly believe the biggest problem with today's wrestling is a overly narrow offensive skills base. Wrestlers need to diversify to keep the sport interesting and exciting.