Tom Brands hasn’t seen anyone better than Lee

Eagle26

the vast majority of "fans" truly have no idea what it is like at the pointy end...

the amount of PT that goes on with me and mine just for their bodies to be able to keep training like they do at 17 and 19 years of age makes me cringe for them in another 5 years...

there are tons of old men at 24...

5 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I would agree that he doesn't have a whole lot of different techniques from top position, but the ones he does have are very technically sound in how he performs them.  In neutral, he is very varied, capable in finishing multiple ways, and (in an unusual turn from an Iowa wrestler) is very proficient in scrambling situations.

the rosiest of rose colored...

i need me a pair of those...

27 minutes ago, LJB said:

the vast majority of "fans" truly have no idea what it is like at the pointy end...

the amount of PT that goes on with me and mine just for their bodies to be able to keep training like they do at 17 and 19 years of age makes me cringe for them in another 5 years...

there are tons of old men at 24...

Just out of curiosity, at what level does one have to compete to be more than a "fan" to you? Is D2 high enough or do we have to make a Senior World team before we can debate with the great LJB?

I don't think you realize how arrogant you're coming off in this thread, almost as if you're gatekeeping the sport. "Me and mine have had a certain experience with the sport, so every person has to have the same experience or else they have no idea what they are talking about."

It's very cool that your son is having success at the highest level, but that doesn't make you some oracle of the sport. You've already done a great job of proving that in this thread.

• Fire 4

For those that weren’t around in the old forum, Vak has a long history of being a very reasonable poster, and is one of the least biased fans on here.

It’s quite possible for someone to be both a physically strong “brute” and a very technically skilled wrestler. Nobody achieves the level of success Lee has on strength alone.

On an unrelated note, is there an ignore feature on this new forum?

• Haha 1

vak got a little emotional yesterday...

it happens...

he is one of the better forum members and exponentially more reasonable than the vast majority...

but...

everyone has an off day...

as far as ignore functions...

if i have said it once i have said it a thousand times...

a man that has so little self control that they must rely on an ignore button on a forum to make it through their day is not really much of a man...

• Fire 1

as far as ignore functions...
if i have said it once i have said it a thousand times...
a man that has so little self control that they must rely on an ignore button on a forum to make it through their day is not really much of a man...

Ah, yes, a lesson on self control and manhood from the guy that can’t control himself and must continue on and on with childish banter and hurling insults from behind a computer screen. I will demonstrate self control by moving on….

10 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Ah, yes, a lesson on self control and manhood from the guy that can’t control himself and must continue on and on with childish banter and hurling insults from behind a computer screen. I will demonstrate self control by moving on….

Insults?

adorable…

19 hours ago, Jamie_Taco said:

Where are you getting this? I don't remember anyone from "the Iowa faithful" claiming this nor do I even remember the moment you are talking about. I just did a search on HR for "Cardinale dirty" and "Cardinale knee"  and came away with nothing. Not one post stating anything like you mentioned. I also went back rewatched the entire match and still can't figure out what you're talking about.

I'm guessing you saw one or two people tweet something about it when it happened and in your head that was "the Iowa faithful" crying. But hey, being wrong hasn't stopped you guys from running with a bunk narrative before, so why stop now?

Sorry, I'm new here. I was on the other board that got shut down. Over there it was common knowledge that old school message boards aren't the only social media. My bad.