PSU 2022-2023

30 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Is this Cael's best PSU team ever?

I think it has a very solid chance of it, even though they lack some of the bonus point machines they have had in the past.  The individual wrestlers might not be as dynamic from all three positions, but they always win.

After last night we know they are terrible at 125 & 285 but if the 8 in the middle can peak in March (does the coach know how) then they've got a chance.  🙄

13 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Honestly, does it seem that far fetched to predict that they could have nine guys top 6?  How many could be top 4?  Very impressive group.

I think he'll have a solid career but for this year it's hard for me to picture Facundo finishing in the top 6.  So many land mines at 165

For top 4 there are the obvious wrestlers plus I believe Bartlett and Haines have a legitimate shot. Not quite ready to put SVN in that group

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

12 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

I think he'll have a solid career but for this year it's hard for me to picture Facundo finishing in the top 6.  So many land mines at 165

For top 4 there are the obvious wrestlers plus I believe Bartlett and Haines have a legitimate shot. Not quite ready to put SVN in that group

Good point on Facundo, although he looked better than I anticipated last night.

24 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Good point on Facundo, although he looked better than I anticipated last night.

He's the real deal.  His biggest problem is that so are a lot of other guys at 165.  We'll know a lot in his next 3 matches.  He gets Caleb Fish next who he lost to last year, then PK, followed by Kharchla.  

Edited by PortaJohn

SVN, Bartlett, Facundo, and Haines - we've been watchng to see if they could be AA level and contenders and now it seem clearer that they could be at that level.  The coaches probably have a good idea from the room, but the B1G dual schedule will further clarify.  7 or 8 AA's and multiple finalists and champs is a good strategy for NCAA team glory!  Can't wait to see Jimmy C's Iowa prediction where the Hawkeyes take 6 of ten matches! 

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, Elevator said:

SVN, Bartlett, Facundo, and Haines - we've been watchng to see if they could be AA level and contenders and now it seem clearer that they could be at that level.  The coaches probably have a good idea from the room, but the B1G dual schedule will further clarify.  7 or 8 AA's and multiple finalists and champs is a good strategy for NCAA team glory!  Can't wait to see Jimmy C's Iowa prediction where the Hawkeyes take 6 of ten matches! 

I think he'll pick 7

125, 141, 149, 157, 165, 197, Hvwt