How Do YOU Score This?

Okay, this will probably be my last post on the subject. I have produced a very nice "pin collage" from the high definition video posted by 1032004 above for your viewing pleasure. The ILLINI are owed 18 match points! 

What is interesting is that this same set of officials reffed the ILLINI/Maryland dual. They gave Braxton Brown near fall, but after a Poeta challenge, reversed the call. Then, they gave Maximo 2 points near fall, had their own bench conference, and wiped away Maximo's near fall. Before the match, they asked the announcers to "go easy on them." Well, no. 

ILLINIWRESTLING268.jpg

8 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

Okay, this will probably be my last post on the subject. I have produced a very nice "pin collage" from the high definition video posted by 1032004 above for your viewing pleasure. The ILLINI are owed 18 match points! 

What is interesting is that this same set of officials reffed the ILLINI/Maryland dual. They gave Braxton Brown near fall, but after a Poeta challenge, reversed the call. Then, they gave Maximo 2 points near fall, had their own bench conference, and wiped away Maximo's near fall. Before the match, they asked the announcers to "go easy on them." Well, no. 

ILLINIWRESTLING268.jpg

18 match points?  Still photos can’t tell you if someone was pinned or not (or getting nearfall for that matter)

8 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

ILLINIWRESTLING268.jpg

"They" don't call pins or points.  It is only the main official.  The assistant has no point awarding or pin calling ability.

Also, like the photo of Johnny Hendrix being pinned, there is no way to tell if the wrestlers shoulders are in contact with that mat for more than a millisecond.  Unless you are Abe Asaad, there are no touch falls in college.

27 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Also, like the photo of Johnny Hendrix being pinnedfalled ...

FIFY ref Wkn

2 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Thanks! I also left out the apostrophe in "wrestler's!" That bothers me more than the spelling of Johny!

According to Wkn you also left out the "falled" in pinnedfalled although my personal feeling on the matter is: not that anythings wrong with that😉

• Stalling 1