141: Jake Bergeland vs Frankie Tal-Shahar

149: Michael Blockhus vs Yahya Thomas

157: Brayton Lee vs Trevor Chumbley

165: Andrew Sparks vs David Ferrante

174: Bailee O'Reilly vs Troy Fisher

184: Isaiah Salazar vs Evan Bates

197: Michial Foy vs Andrew Davison

285: Garret Joles vs Lucas Davison

Starting at 165, we have Max Mayfield for Northwestern instead of David Ferrante.  Mayfield secures a last second takedown to win 6-4 over Andrew Sparks in a match that Minnesota was probably expecting to win.  

3-0 Northwestern and we have another unexpected entry for the Wildcats: Ankhaa Enkhmandakh vs Bailee O'Reilly.

25 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

NU will forfeit 125 I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is DeAuggie hurt?  That would be pretty sad if the number one matchup didn't happen.  I had NC State and Binghamton on last night - mostly to see the 197 matchup.  DePrez was a no show.  Waste of time.  I'm becoming a bit cynical now as a fan.  Might be time to cancel another subscription.  

Does anyone really understand why the B10 needs to take a "halftime" break?  There's no halftime in wrestling!  Especially when on the b10+ and no commercials.  Do the second 5 guys get tired of watch the first 5 and need to take a nap, is it a union contract thing?

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ionel said:

That'd be a pin with SHP's new rule.

Lol.  Check this out.

https://rokfin.com/article/11764/Jaggers-Friday-Mailbag--162023

Should winning certain in-season tournaments give a seeding boost that's similar to UWW ranking series events? 

"I feel like it's almost the only way to keep the competition at tournaments on the level. I say we add the Last Chance Open to CKLV, Midlands, and Scuffle as the big four seeding tournaments and hold it in February...Do I expect any actual change to resolve this forfeit issue? I don't. The powers that be are not about to change the entire system of college wrestling because Seton Hall Pirate isn't getting his full slate of wrestlebacks."

• Fire 2

5 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Lol.  Check this out.

https://rokfin.com/article/11764/Jaggers-Friday-Mailbag--162023

Should winning certain in-season tournaments give a seeding boost that's similar to UWW ranking series events? 

"I feel like it's almost the only way to keep the competition at tournaments on the level. I say we add the Last Chance Open to CKLV, Midlands, and Scuffle as the big four seeding tournaments and hold it in February...Do I expect any actual change to resolve this forfeit issue? I don't. The powers that be are not about to change the entire system of college wrestling because Seton Hall Pirate isn't getting his full slate of wrestlebacks."

good stuff 😄