Penn State lineup projection w/ Facundo

10 minutes ago, JeanGuy said:

It just doesn't seem like Facundo could be effective at 157. That would have to be an awful cut, no?

Looks like the last time he was below 160 was his 2017-2018 high school season.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

He was very hands on there, if you believe their social medias.

Haines, Ryder, Duke, etc - it would not surprise me if any of them followed.  I don't think they will, though.

I believe Duke Is KD trained through and through I know he went to the same high school as Ryder but I don't know that they trained at the same places. KD also trains Jayden James.

19 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Haines, Ryder, Duke, etc - it would not surprise me if any of them followed.  I don't think they will, though.

I honestly think Taylor has too much self-respect and respect for Cael to try to poach already-committed recruits.  He thinks he can do it on his own merit, and he's probably right.  And the wrestlers likely respect Taylor as an excellent coach, but also know there's a roomful of excellent coaches at PSU, so it isn't like they're losing out if they stay. 

Not that Taylor would turn down any of those guys if they decided on their own to make the transfer, but I think it only happens if one of these guys has a falling out at PSU or can't make the lineup.

• Bob 1

23 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Haines would've made sense if he had taken a RS as a true freshman and Taylor had been hired at OSU that year. He could have transferred to Okie State and had four years there. But, he's now a two time finalist, NCAA champ at Penn State, wrestling with Kyle Dake, Mesenbrink, Starocci and Casey Cunningham. 

Ryder moved to State College to train at NLWC. I don't think he ever trained at M2. Duke is a HS friend/teammate of Ryder's and has no connection to Taylor. He's a KD guy.

• Brain 1

23 hours ago, Le duke said:

Haines would've made sense if he had taken a RS as a true freshman and Taylor had been hired at OSU that year. He could have transferred to Okie State and had four years there. But, he's now a two time finalist, NCAA champ at Penn State, wrestling with Kyle Dake, Mesenbrink, Starocci and Casey Cunningham. 

Ryder moved to State College to train at NLWC. I don't think he ever trained at M2. Duke is a HS friend/teammate of Ryder's and has no connection to Taylor. He's a KD guy.

Ryder 100% trained at M2 during his senior season NLWC year. He represented them in competition as well IIRC

• Bob 1