Gable Steveson...Next act?

Having been released from the Buffalo Bills this week, I wonder what Gable's next move is?? I doubt he'll be picked up from any team at this point. Dude just can't seem to find his niche in any arena aside from the obvious?!! Just throwing it out there!

On 8/30/2024 at 10:05 PM, MPhillips said:

Even though college athletes are getting paid now through NIL, I seriously doubt that you can sign a pro contract, fail and go back to college. I'm sure he got a signing bonus from the Bills plus was paid for his training camp time. He'd now be considered a pro football player.

On 9/1/2024 at 10:55 AM, wjd said:

Even though college athletes are getting paid now through NIL, I seriously doubt that you can sign a pro contract, fail and go back to college. I'm sure he got a signing bonus from the Bills plus was paid for his training camp time. He'd now be considered a pro football player.

It's a different sport.  No barrier for amateuar wrestling.

On 9/3/2024 at 4:27 AM, RYou said:

It's a different sport.  No barrier for amateuar wrestling.

I think the poster was inquiring if he could play college football now. That's what my response was directed to. He's done with that option. Yes, he probably has 1 year of wrestling eligibility left, though the whole college eligibility thing is now a joke. I liked the rule that you had 5 years to use up 4 of competing once enrolled. Now it's just a cop out for guys not willing to get on with life.