2025 Big Boarders Remaining

Since the 15th is around and the 2026 class can be contacted, what are some Big boarders still left from the previous class (2025)? Also where do you think they will go or what schools are leading their interest? 

Ronnie Ramirez - ?? 

Marcus Blaze - tOSU, PSU, Purdue

Anthony Mutarelli - ?? 
Dorian Olivarez - ?? 
Tyrel Miller - tOSU, Iowa, ?? 
Jarrell Miller - tOSU, Iowa, ??

Am I missing anymore?? 

What are your guys thoughts ?! 

• Bob 1

Just now, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Since the 15th is around and the 2026 class can be contacted, what are some Big boarders still left from the previous class (2025)? Also where do you think they will go or what schools are leading their interest? 

Ronnie Ramirez - ?? 

Anthony Mutarelli - ?? 
Dorian Olivarez - ?? 

Am I missing anymore?? 

@Husker_Du what are your thoughts and am I missing some? 

59 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Ronnie Ramirez - ?? 

Anthony Mutarelli - ?? 
Dorian Olivarez - ?? 

Am I missing anymore?? 

Any thoughts from anyone else too?! Also am I missing some??

Great topic.

Ramirez looked really good in Vegas. Oregon State is high on his list and the same goes for #71-Mutarelli who didn't wrestle postseason b/c of transfer rules.

Olivarez might not wrestle in college. He's a homeschool kid that is a jiu jutsi prodigy. as just a JR in hs he qualified for ADCC's.

I'm not sure what the Miller's do. Obviously it's difficult to find clear paths to starting at two weights at the same time. I think Iowa leads. 

The other two big ones left uncommitted are

- Cali Champ Nikade Zinkin who jumped 20+ lbs since winning a title at 126 in Feb. I'll have an update on where he's looking shortly.

- and Matt Botello who, frankly, i probably ranked too low. he has really good wins including Jordyn Raney at Ironman. I think he's a Cornell / Northwestern type of profile and Cornell already has like 3-4 great commits at 33-49. so i'm not real sure. 

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

TBD

12 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Great topic.

Ramirez looked really good in Vegas. Oregon State is high on his list and the same goes for #71-Mutarelli who didn't wrestle postseason b/c of transfer rules.

Olivarez might not wrestle in college. He's a homeschool kid that is a jiu jutsi prodigy. as just a JR in hs he qualified for ADCC's.

I'm not sure what the Miller's do. Obviously it's difficult to find clear paths to starting at two weights at the same time. I think Iowa leads. 

- Cali Champ Nikade Zinkin who jumped 20+ lbs since winning a title at 126 in Feb. I'll have an update on where he's looking shortly.

- and Matt Botello who, frankly, i probably ranked too low. he has really good wins including Jordyn Raney at Ironman. I think he's a Cornell / Northwestern type of profile and Cornell already has like 3-4 great commits at 33-49. so i'm not real sure. 

That’s awesome, I feel like Oregon state has really built a pipeline to California. 

For Ronnie - Are there any other schools that he is interested in? Same for Murarelli? I thought some big schools who need  a 125/133 or depths for those weight would go after them like an Iowa, Nebraska, Arizona, and maybe even Illinois (who has Imar and relatively recruit well in CA). 

Oliveraz- I heard that about him. I was hoping he would choose wrestling over jiu jutsi since he got a lot of great wins within the past year. Is it a done deal for him not to choose wrestling after HS? 

Millers - I am curious to see what happened since it would be hard to fit bother in the lineup at some university. Both great kids and wrestlers, really intrigued in their landing spot. If going to Iowa Tyrel would be sitting behind Angelo or Gabe for 2 years unless he does a grey year + redshirt year, then only a year; but don’t know if that’s the best case scenario? Also at tOSU, it seems like they would have the most clear path to start there. Just both may have to sit a year due to Welsh, Schumate, Ryder, and Geog occupying 174/184/197.  So interested to see what happens. 

Zinkin took visits to ISU, Nebraska, N. Carolina, Oregon St., and OSU. Curious to see who leads! 

Botello is a stud, it would be awesome for him to go to Northwestern. Coming from Sem to Northwestern would seem like a nice transition when it come to academia. Also, BJ and Storniolo are great light weight coaches. I’m surprised other big schools are not after him or is he more high or academics? 

excited to see where these guys land! 

• Bob 2

9 hours ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Ronnie Ramirez - ?? 

Anthony Mutarelli - ?? 
Dorian Olivarez - ?? 

Am I missing anymore?? 

I'm very bullish on Mutarelli his top game is about as elite as it gets, he's wrestled Sement 3 times in the past year and has yet to give up a point. Very hopeful that Olivarez goes to college but as Willie mentioned he's already super elite in BJJ and I know he trains striking as well. I'm guessing he has pretty serious MMA aspirations and 4-5 years of college may hamper those a bit.

Mutarelli feels like a Lehigh guy to me.

Edited by Truzzcat
  • Bob 1

while on the big board topic @Husker_Du has a team ever had two 1's for two different classes before? thinking about Bo and Melvin throw in Jax at 2 and the slew of other guys (slezdionowksi seems to be jumping levels atm).

I personally think Melvin may end up being as good or better than Jax and Bo his ability to create angles for just a freshman is absolutely unreal.

33 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

you're on top of it!

Zinkin has a few more visits lined up. just heard from them today. ASU, NCST, MICH, OKST

Love the big board, HS Wrestling, the recruiting process, and the talk of which teams needing specific wrestlers for holes in their lineup! It’s what makes the sport most interesting since these are the future stars of the sport. 

Can’t wait to hear all about, “who is calling who” on June 15th! This next class is special and I’m excited to see how each school is going to play their cards! 

But excited to see where the rest of the big boarders of 2025 land as well (like the ones talked about in this forum)! 

37 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I'm very bullish on Mutarelli his top game is about as elite as it gets, he's wrestled Sement 3 times in the past year and has yet to give up a point. Very hopeful that Olivarez goes to college but as Willie mentioned he's already super elite in BJJ and I know he trains striking as well. I'm guessing he has pretty serious MMA aspirations and 4-5 years of college may hamper those a bit.

Mutarelli feels like a Lehigh guy to me.

Man, that would be great if Mutarelli ended up at Lehigh. I feel like they do great with lower weights especially with Evan Henderson, Nashon Garret, and Darian Cruz being there. 

I can definitely see him there. Is there any other schools he is interested in outside of Oregon st. ? 

On 6/13/2024 at 11:04 PM, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Supposedly the Miller brothers have came to a decision on their college choice via IG. Wonder when they will announce. Do you

Do you Know when they will announce @Husker_Du?

That’s 2 off the list of big boarders left. 

Millers to Iowa🐤

Remaining are Ronnie, Olivarez, Zinkin, and Botello! 

@Husker_Du

• Bob 2

5 hours ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Millers to Iowa🐤

Remaining are Ronnie, Olivarez, Zinkin, and Botello! 

@Husker_Du

very good snag for the Iowa but one of them I assume will be sitting for awhile with Arnold,Ferrari,Riggins,Keuter all having a lot of time left.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2024 at 3:18 PM, Husker_Du said:

Great topic.

So far

Miller Brothers - Iowa

Matt Botello - North Carolina 

Great get by North Carolina! Reaming are: Ronnie Ramirez, Anthony Mutarelli, Nikade Zinkin 

• Bob 1

On 6/26/2024 at 1:08 PM, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

So far

Miller Brothers - Iowa

Matt Botello - North Carolina 

Great get by North Carolina! Reaming are: Ronnie Ramirez, Anthony Mutarelli, Nikade Zinkin 

Really interested in Ramierz and Mutarelli.

RR won a pretty loaded cali class at 120 this year with Nate Carrillo, Isiah Quintero and Moses Mendoza Im always a big fan of the guys that could potentially be career 125's not sure that he will be but being 120 in his junior year is a positive.