What shows you seeing this summer?

• 3 weeks later...

Well I went to the Billy Joel concert with my wife.   Jason Bonham with his Led Zeppelin Experience (he is the son of LZ's drummer John Bonham and an excellent drummer in his own right).   I was more excited about them than Billy Joel.   They were good but I have to say Billy Joel was excellent.   He sounded like Billy Joel, the voice was still there and strong.   His band was really really good.   It was more of a rock concert than I figured from him.   But the band was extremely tight.   I have seen Kansas and Yes, both really good and tight bands, and I rank this concert right up there with that kind of proficiency.   I have seen a lot of other concerts and they were good, but I was really impressed with Billy Joel and his band.   Very good concert.   If he is coming to a town near any of you, I highly recommend it and I don't really like his music all that much.  It was a great concert and I had a great overall experience. 

Thank you to those that encouraged me to go. 

mspart

• Fire 1

Posted (edited)

Social D melted my face on Tuesday night. Wasn't a big set by any means, but the cool part was the opener was Love Crimes, led by Mike Ness' son Julian. Julian came on stage late in Social D's set and did a song with his dad, which was pretty freaking cool. 

First discovered Social Distortion as a freshman in high school with one of their lesser acclaimed albums, but it was me waking up to a video on MTV that year that clued me into the band, then I could do a deeper dive into their older stuff.

Got to hear Sick Boys live, which wasn't on this tour's set list very often. While not their "greatest" hit, "I Was Wrong" was the video that sparked the interest and they did drop that one in the set, so I was very pleased to hear the first song I'd discovered by the band get slid in there - since it also wasn't a regular on this tour's set list.

image.thumb.jpeg.1a2d978d96b049ce45723bdfde888ccf.jpeg

Edited by Jason Bryant

Insert catchy tagline here. 

14 hours ago, mspart said:

Well I went to the Billy Joel concert with my wife.   Jason Bonham with his Led Zeppelin Experience (he is the son of LZ's drummer John Bonham and an excellent drummer in his own right).   I was more excited about them than Billy Joel.   They were good but I have to say Billy Joel was excellent.   He sounded like Billy Joel, the voice was still there and strong.   His band was really really good.   It was more of a rock concert than I figured from him.   But the band was extremely tight.   I have seen Kansas and Yes, both really good and tight bands, and I rank this concert right up there with that kind of proficiency.   I have seen a lot of other concerts and they were good, but I was really impressed with Billy Joel and his band.   Very good concert.   If he is coming to a town near any of you, I highly recommend it and I don't really like his music all that much.  It was a great concert and I had a great overall experience. 

Thank you to those that encouraged me to go. 

mspart

But you failed to answer the only question that matters:  did your wife like it?  🙂

Posted (edited)

That is an important detail I left out.   She wasn't that thrilled -   NOT.   She loved it and thanked me for making it happen.   The place was absolutely packed.   SRO.   I still can't believe that many people wanted to see him, but I have to say they got a great show out of it.   Youtube has snippets of the concert from Seattle on line now.   It was pretty good. 

It was at the baseball stadium in Seattle and we were directly across from the stage next to the next to last row upper level.   You don't get a whole lot more nose bleed than that.   Could hardly see anyone on stage clearly.   They were projecting things so that was good.   The sound was tremendous and the show was really really good.   I can't believe I am saying that about Billy Joel but I have to call it like I saw it. 

mspart

Edited by mspart