Dennis Papadatos Steps Down as Hofstra HC

So much more goes into it, besides the obvious coaching , these strange days. Younger guys need more seasoning to step into a head job, to be successful. I know they want to jump at the first, or any opportunity to be a head coach. But. 

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

the silence out of Hofstra is scary...Wouldn't you want to hire someone asap for recruiting...This is the same school who had a very good Football team led by former NY Jets HC Joe Gardi and they shut down a 72 year Program in 2009 out of nowhere...Dennis P. brought a very good Team/Program down into the basement ... Hofstra went from a good fan base and team to no fans and bad...Its too bad because Long Island and nearby PA and Jersey can feed Program and have a great team with right coach...Wasn't that long ago Tom Ryan had Hofstra in top 20 and good fan base....I really hope they dont drop Program...I'll say it again IF Hofstra is serious about Program they would hire Coleman Scott

Edited by feet2back
  • Bob 1

14 hours ago, feet2back said:

the silence out of Hofstra is scary...Wouldn't you want to hire someone asap for recruiting...This is the same school who had a very good Football team led by former NY Jets HC Joe Gardi and they shut down a 72 year Program in 2009 out of nowhere...Dennis P. brought a very good Team/Program down into the basement ... Hofstra went from a good fan base and team to no fans and bad...Its too bad because Long Island and nearby PA and Jersey can feed Program and have a great team with right coach...Wasn't that long ago Tom Ryan had Hofstra in top 20 and good fan base....I really hope they dont drop Program...I'll say it again IF Hofstra is serious about Program they would hire Coleman Scott

I agree 100%, as a Long Islander it is sad to see what has become of Hofstra Wrestling.  Hofstra is so bad that me and my buddy actually have Rutgers wrestling season tickets and that is like 2.5 hours away.  If Hofstra hired a guy like Coleman Scott and keep some of the top Long Island/Upstate wrestlers plus Jersey & PA there is no doubt that they could be back to being a top 20 program again

• Bob 2