Iowa board reporting Alirez incoming

52 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

The state of Oklahoma doesn't have two nickels to rub together, the halfwits running the state have completely gutted the tax base. They are talking about making school only 4 days a week in the future as a money saving plan, in addition to other things. 

I think OU does have the richest alumnus that I'm aware of, Roger Frizzell. He was a 4 time AA back in the day, battling guys like Kenny Monday and Nate Carr. I read somewhere that he's got a few hundred million (he was an airline CEO for a long time). I don't know if he'd be interested in buying OU a competent wrestling team. 

Some counties in Oklahoma have been on a 4 day week for school for several years now. It depends on the county, but some don't start going to the 4 day week until after New Year's and other areas go a 4 day week all school year. Mind you, that I'd not in the entire state of Oklahoma.  

40 minutes ago, TexRef said:

Some counties in Oklahoma have been on a 4 day week for school for several years now. It depends on the county, but some don't start going to the 4 day week until after New Year's and other areas go a 4 day week all school year. Mind you, that I'd not in the entire state of Oklahoma.  

It's a hellhole of a state. The morons running the state have destroyed the tax base completely (they refuse to tax the oil companies, which is the only big business in the state). The roads have completely fallen apart except where the state has spent federal money. Seriously, Oklahoma should be relegated to territory status, it's not worthy of being called a state. 

1 minute ago, NM1965 said:

It's a hellhole of a state. The morons running the state have destroyed the tax base completely (they refuse to tax the oil companies, which is the only big business in the state). The roads have completely fallen apart except where the state has spent federal money. Seriously, Oklahoma should be relegated to territory status, it's not worthy of being called a state. 

they oil companies pay no taxes at all?

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

9 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

The oil related companies employee many many people in the state. They pay taxes, they spend money and pay sales taxes. The oil related companies keep Oklahoma afloat. Be careful how you handle that golden goose. Oil related companies contribute plenty to the economy if Oklahoma. Most of country does not have a revenue problem, they have a spending problem.

As far as wrestling and money for wrestlers, embrace it, and work to find a source for your program.

• Bob 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

they oil companies pay no taxes at all?

The oil companies own tons of land in Oklahoma and, of course, pay no property taxes at all. They completely destroy the land they pump, by the way, and leave toxic areas in their wake, sometimes complete with holes thousands of feet deep that they sometimes throw a plywood sheet over after they pump the location dry. They also pay far lower income taxes than all the surrounding states, the politicians in Oklahoma City (all beneficiaries of huge oil company "campaign contributions") justifying charging about half as much in taxes as Texas by saying they were "protecting jobs". Oklahoma should be charging at least as much for their oil as the surrounding states, but the politicians are all bought off. 

Edited by NM1965
  • Bob 2

23 hours ago, NM1965 said:

The oil companies own tons of land in Oklahoma and, of course, pay no property taxes at all. They completely destroy the land they pump, by the way, and leave toxic areas in their wake, sometimes complete with holes thousands of feet deep that they sometimes throw a plywood sheet over after they pump the location dry. They also pay far lower income taxes than all the surrounding states, the politicians in Oklahoma City (all beneficiaries of huge oil company "campaign contributions") justifying charging about half as much in taxes as Texas by saying they were "protecting jobs". Oklahoma should be charging at least as much for their oil as the surrounding states, but the politicians are all bought off. 

Are you from there?  Just curious as you are really fired up.

5 minutes ago, Ched64 said:

Are you from there?  Just curious as you are really fired up.

From being the key word. I moved away from Oklahoma 30+ years ago. I still visit family there frequently and follow the state's politics, sports, and other affairs. I've seen it decline from when I lived there decades ago, and that's saying something because Oklahoma was always kind of a backwards hellhole.