Shane Sparks appreciation thread

I know some have complained about the broadcast on Peacock, but I thought the quad box was great aside from the issues with mat 3 for a bit, especially during the JB/Facundo match.

But I thought Shane deserved his own thread.  He just went 5 hours broadcasting by himself and stayed on top of all of the action.  Very impressive!

Thank you Shane.

• Bob 4
  • Fire 4
  • Wrestle 1

34 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

I know some have complained about the broadcast on Peacock, but I thought the quad box was great aside from the issues with mat 3 for a bit, especially during the JB/Facundo match.

But I thought Shane deserved his own thread.  He just went 5 hours broadcasting by himself and stayed on top of all of the action.  Very impressive!

Thank you Shane.

Shane Sparks is the man. He could have held his bladder for another 12 hours if he needed to. 

• Bob 1
  • Haha 2

Sparks is a gem! He routinely gets put into spots where he has to broadcast for hours by himself. From personal experience that is really rough talking to yourself the whole time.

• Bob 3

18 minutes ago, BobDole said:

Sparks is a gem! He routinely gets put into spots where he has to broadcast for hours by himself. From personal experience that is really rough talking to yourself the whole time.

I hope Redzone reaches out to him if Scott Hanson ever decides to move on. His NCAA work is always great and today is another gem. He is even doing decent greco commentating which I assume he is much less versed in than MFS/WFS due to his folkstyle background.

i am an idiot on the internet

Great thread, love Shane and loved his commentary during the quad box.  The camera issues were frustrating though (it was 2 of the 4 mats at one point) and Shane was apologizing for it even though it obviously wasn’t his fault.

Maybe I missed it but was there a quadbox for the Friday night session?