2024 OTT Logistics - annoyed

I’m going to vent.  

Parking situation was freaking piss poor.  Long long lines of cars barely moving.  45 minutes of slow car moving to get into a parking lot.  

In venue, can not see scores on two mats.  Sitting in a ‘corner’ of the arena.   Can see scores for nearest two mats but far mats have boars arrayed so as not to be able to see them.

At KC for NCAAs, digital banner around arena showed who was wrestling on which mat … and the score.  Digital banner here just tells us we are at the trials.  

2 hours ago, Dark Energy said:

I’m going to vent.  

Parking situation was freaking piss poor.  Long long lines of cars barely moving.  45 minutes of slow car moving to get into a parking lot.  

In venue, can not see scores on two mats.  Sitting in a ‘corner’ of the arena.   Can see scores for nearest two mats but far mats have boars arrayed so as not to be able to see them.

At KC for NCAAs, digital banner around arena showed who was wrestling on which mat … and the score.  Digital banner here just tells us we are at the trials.  

I was so mad about them not having scores and mat assignments on the big screen. At least they got that fixed now. 

Better than not having info on the semi big screen.  But their use of the space on the screen stinks.  Too much white / dead space.  Could have increased fonts by a lot using a better layout.  

I’m kinda nit picking and whining.  I know. 

3 hours ago, Dark Energy said:

I’m going to vent.  

Maybe its their first time hosting a wrestling event?  🤔

• Haha 1

Final session.  Can’t see score boards … angled so that I see from side .. their edges.  Big screen showing match —- started with scores on bottom but now on bottom of match is a banner saying US Olympic Trials.  Ummm, we all know what this is.  SHOW THE FREAKING SCORE UP THERE!!!

Fundamentally PISS POOR thinking on the setup here.  

On 4/19/2024 at 11:32 AM, D3 for LU said:

Hmmm... how shall we look at this?

An arena half empty... or half full? 🤔

D3

This is essentially a nlwc home dual.  Like 83% of the finalists are nlwc.   How can they not sell out their own arena?

finals now even have a lot of empty seats.