Is Brian Smith retiring?

Something is definitely up. The team shutting down/under performing the way they did the back half of the season. NOW I just saw on Flo that Mizzou has 4 wrestlers in the transfer portal?! I can’t remember the last time there was more than one guy leaving (Eieirman, Miklus are the last to come to mind).

What’s going on? Not necessarily starters and maybe they’re just looking for a school they can start for, but Shepherd and Boersma are kind of surprising names on the list.

Miklus went to Iowa St. to be closer to his ill father.  Boersma isn’t surprising to me after watching him wrestle.  Would be shocked if coach Smith retired.  In an interview earlier this year said he loves it and wants to continue forever.

35 minutes ago, Wrestej said:

Just looked at the list of guys leaving and not to be rude but I don’t think the team is losing much.

I don’t disagree. Just surprising to see people leaving in general as you typically hear a lot of hype around tigerstyle and that being the reason kids go there and stay.

Hard to imagine.  Sinclair and Rath are blue chip recruits.  Mauger & Roller are strong recruits with future AA potential.  Future looks pretty bright for Missouri

• Bob 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

2 hours ago, The_KC_Godfather said:

Something is definitely up. The team shutting down/under performing the way they did the back half of the season. NOW I just saw on Flo that Mizzou has 4 wrestlers in the transfer portal?! I can’t remember the last time there was more than one guy leaving (Eieirman, Miklus are the last to come to mind).

What’s going on? Not necessarily starters and maybe they’re just looking for a school they can start for, but Shepherd and Boersma are kind of surprising names on the list.

I see now. P. Moore, Shepard, Borsma and Whittaker. 

Whittaker was a transfer in from NC State couple years ago. Most likely wasn’t ever seeing any mat time. Local Mo kid from Father Tolton. Maybe the rumor of Mcginigal is true, who knows. 

Edited by MizzouFan01