Bo has issues with Burroughs’ commentary

6 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He is not number 2 at his weight …he’s behind Dake and chance marsteller (the guy who never won an ncaa title) and Nolf is currently in the world ranking at 74 due to some overseas wins …and Bo is probably 25 30 pounds heavier then JB and would probably beat him in a match just on the size advantage alone 

Marstellar ain't 74 kg.

• Brain 1

1 hour ago, Dogbone said:

No. But he is being "criticized" here because DC asked him a question and he gave an honest answer.   I guess, Bo and the PSU crowd can't enjoy having two 4-timers and setting the team record so they need to whine about something.  Seriously, it was one throw away line that wouldn't have gotten much attention until Bo decided to call it out. 

JB is a ruthless competitor, he isn't trying to be miss congeniality and well liked by his peers.  But he is good for the sport.

Feel free to criticize him, just have an actual complaint and not "his answer to the question wasn't nice and made my feelings hurt" because people are pushing back on that one.

There are literally 100s of takes on social media and here saying these guys just need to shut up and show JB respect , 100s of these posts , it’s literally the first thing I mention …idk if it was throw away line but I do think Nickal made it much worse ..but why is JB even talking during while carter is getting interviewed ? He’s talking in the moment with emotions running wild about what he overcame to even wrestle and how he’s going to roll on into trials and get it done , pretty much what half of guys would be saying just some standard I’m coming for the weight talk and JB can’t help himself to start talking about what he’s going to do to that leg it was just so unnecessary 

6 minutes ago, TNwrestling said:

I got this list from Flowrestling. Its their most recent set of freestyle rankings. Also, Chance is up to 86kg and currently ranked 4th at the weight. 

They hold more water than you. Sorry. 

The list that’s wrong? Zain said he was going 65 kg months ago …

3 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

There are literally 100s of takes on social media and here saying these guys just need to shut up and show JB respect , 100s of these posts , it’s literally the first thing I mention …idk if it was throw away line but I do think Nickal made it much worse ..but why is JB even talking during while carter is getting interviewed ? He’s talking in the moment with emotions running wild about what he overcame to even wrestle and how he’s going to roll on into trials and get it done , pretty much what half of guys would be saying just some standard I’m coming for the weight talk and JB can’t help himself to start talking about what he’s going to do to that leg it was just so unnecessary 

DC asked him what he would do if he wrestled a hobbled Carter.  He answered the question he was asked.

• Bob 2

2 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

.but why is JB even talking during while carter is getting interviewed ? He’s talking in the moment with emotions running wild about what he overcame to even wrestle and how he’s going to roll on into trials and get it done 

Now you're just making things up. 

I went back and rewatched the post match interview and JB doesn't say a single word during it.

• Bob 3

10 minutes ago, TNwrestling said:

I got this list from Flowrestling. Its their most recent set of freestyle rankings. Also, Chance is up to 86kg and currently ranked 4th at the weight. 

They hold more water than you. Sorry. 

Flo also has a preview from like 2 weeks ago for trials with Zain at 65 and marstellar at 74 so really how much credibility does flo have? 

5 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

My guy.... JB said what he did in response to a question from DC during Carter's' match.

You need to let this one go, you're just digging a deeper hole.

• Bob 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

The list that’s wrong? Zain said he was going 65 kg months ago …

No, he hasn't. Nobody has. 

Just bc Flo does a preview of him at that weight doesnt mean hes going that weight. 

Edited by TNwrestling

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I’m sorry is JB above criticism? I’ve been seeing this weird ass take about how no one can criticize Burroughs bc ? hes good at wrestling? Weird take considering the same weekend JB fanboys starting dropping from the sky to talk about “ garbage “, “overrated” or washed up Bo Nickal and starocci, these same people thought it was great and hilarious when Ragusin called John Smith a whiny ducking bitch . You can respect JB wrestling and also acknowledge he makes everything about himself , Jordan Burroughs loves him some Jordan Burroughs , he referred himself as the goat atleast 3 times while announcing over the weekend . Idk if most of you realize but JB is not liked by most of his peers and never has been and I keep seeing how he signs autographs for the kids which is great but he was also the guy charging downright offensive amount of $$ to do camps for years so the least he could do is sign some autographs for the kids 

Do you have any evidence to back up this claim that starocci won’t have a great international career ? Idk how long he hangs around wrestling before fighting but He’s a better wrestler at age 23 then JB and Taylor were at the same age , he’s had unreal success at every level of wrestling , has the best coaches and partners to train with in the world and the non stop obsessive desire to be the best that you need to be a world champ.. Granted it’s a lot harder to make a team now then in 2012 (JB had to beat Howe to make his first team) , Carter has to go through all timers like JB, Dake and Nolf just to get on the team but if anyone is mentally prepared to make that next jump it’s Starocci 

This isnt even a good troll post- this is just bad/useless/annoying

53 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Flo also has a preview from like 2 weeks ago for trials with Zain at 65 and marstellar at 74 so really how much credibility does flo have? 

flo's lack of credibility isn't based on them being misinformed, I'd prefer they stuck their necks out and were wrong more often.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I’m sorry is JB above criticism? I’ve been seeing this weird ass take about how no one can criticize Burroughs bc ? hes good at wrestling? Weird take considering the same weekend JB fanboys starting dropping from the sky to talk about “ garbage “, “overrated” or washed up Bo Nickal and starocci, these same people thought it was great and hilarious when Ragusin called John Smith a whiny ducking bitch . You can respect JB wrestling and also acknowledge he makes everything about himself , Jordan Burroughs loves him some Jordan Burroughs , he referred himself as the goat atleast 3 times while announcing over the weekend . Idk if most of you realize but JB is not liked by most of his peers and never has been and I keep seeing how he signs autographs for the kids which is great but he was also the guy charging downright offensive amount of $$ to do camps for years so the least he could do is sign some autographs for the kids 

Do you have any evidence to back up this claim that starocci won’t have a great international career ? Idk how long he hangs around wrestling before fighting but He’s a better wrestler at age 23 then JB and Taylor were at the same age , he’s had unreal success at every level of wrestling , has the best coaches and partners to train with in the world and the non stop obsessive desire to be the best that you need to be a world champ.. Granted it’s a lot harder to make a team now then in 2012 (JB had to beat Howe to make his first team) , Carter has to go through all timers like JB, Dake and Nolf just to get on the team but if anyone is mentally prepared to make that next jump it’s Starocci 

did anyone else hear burroughs refer to himself as "the goat".

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Burroughs was 23 years and 2 months when he won his first world title in 2011.

Carter will be 23 years and 2 months next week.  

Carter Starocci will be older than JB was at the time of his first title if he ever wins one.

Sorry.

I just typed this up glad I saw yours lol.   

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

this is just not what the commentary was like....

• Bob 1

3 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He lost twice his entire career and hasn’t been closing to losing in years lol the disrespect leveled at starocci is hilarious 

In 2024 he did….. same with his rsfr year.  

IMG_5376.png

3 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

DC asked him what he would do if he wrestled a hobbled Carter.  He answered the question he was asked.

He shouldn't have.  He should have kept the focus on the guy who just won his 4th title instead of helping DC drag the focus away into an imagined beef.  I don't blame PSU alum/fans/wrestlers for being bothered by it.  And I rooted against PSU in every match that entire weekend.  But I can't imagine the announcer immediately after the NBA finals conclusion saying that he was going to go after an injury in that summer's olympics.  And if that happened, it would be a huge story and the guy who said it wouldn't be able to blame it on the question that was asked.  JB's ego made it about him, and now people don't like that.  Oh well.  

14 minutes ago, Caveira said:

In 2024 he did….. same with his rsfr year.  

IMG_5376.png

Absolutely.  Without those losses he doesn't qualify for nationals and doesn't win number 4.  So you can't pretend those losses away.

1 minute ago, boconnell said:

He shouldn't have.  He should have kept the focus on the guy who just won his 4th title instead of helping DC drag the focus away into an imagined beef.  I don't blame PSU alum/fans/wrestlers for being bothered by it.  And I rooted against PSU in every match that entire weekend.  But I can't imagine the announcer immediately after the NBA finals conclusion saying that he was going to go after an injury in that summer's olympics.  And if that happened, it would be a huge story and the guy who said it wouldn't be able to blame it on the question that was asked.  JB's ego made it about him, and now people don't like that.  Oh well.  

It is not basketball.  It is a combat sport.

Just now, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

It is not basketball.  It is a combat sport.

Thanks for reminding me of that.  Does that mean announcers are required to make things about themselves?  Does that mean that in the moment after a great accomplishment, the guy paid to talk about the accomplishment should instead talk about himself and what he would do?  

3 minutes ago, boconnell said:

Thanks for reminding me of that.  Does that mean announcers are required to make things about themselves?  Does that mean that in the moment after a great accomplishment, the guy paid to talk about the accomplishment should instead talk about himself and what he would do?  

Yes, JB is there for color commentary.  Color commentators are the experts and provide inside info.  It is often expected that they provide anecdotes and opinion based on their expertise.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

4 minutes ago, boconnell said:

I don't think basketball players are known for their toughness so now I get why people are upset if that is their standard.

In football, every time a corner goes down the announcers/former QBs say they would go after the backup.  If a Dlineman doesn't seem 100% they say they would attack that side of the field.  I guess every commenter/QBs who does football games makes it about themselves too according to basketball announcers.

MMA Color guys are consonantly talking about how they would attack a guy.  It is there job, same for JB and DC.

• Bob 1