WIN FanExpo in Kansas City has much to offer

Iwrite

Fans attending the tournament in KC may want to consider going to the WIN FanExpo between sessions. It is FREE at the KC Convention Center just 4 blocks west of the arena, on 13th Street. There will be USA Wrestling practice sessions, food & drink available for purchase, tons of apparel, merchandise and equipment on display, live progamming and autograph sessions. Dan Gable will be signing on Thursday at 2:45, and on Saturday Olympic champions  Lou and Ed Banach will be guests at the booth of Mike Chapman, who started this show 32 years ago. Mike will have many of his 32 books for sale and some very rare wrestling memorabilia. In additon, the Dan Hodge Trophy will be on display. Last year, nearly 20,000 fans attended over three days!

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

14 minutes ago, Iwrite said:

Fans attending the tournament in KC may want to consider going to the WIN FanExpo between sessions. It is FREE at the KC Convention Center just 4 blocks west of the arena, on 13th Street. There will be USA Wrestling practice sessions, food & drink available for purchase, tons of apparel, merchandise and equipment on display, live progamming and autograph sessions. Dan Gable will be signing on Thursday at 2:45, and on Saturday Olympic champions  Lou and Ed Banach will be guests at the booth of Mike Chapman, who started this show 32 years ago. Mike will have many of his 32 books for sale and some very rare wrestling memorabilia. In additon, the Dan Hodge Trophy will be on display. Last year, nearly 20,000 fans attended over three days!

Wow this sounds awesome! Sucks I’ll be watching NCAAs from my apartment, maybe down the line I’ll get to check it out!

WrestlingKnowNothing --- hope you can come to our booth and say "hi" as you are one of the 3-4 posters that I respect the most...a true student of the sport's rich history.  And Purduefan... the same goes for you. I am also a fan of Purdue as it is coached by a man from the hometown of Frank Gotch, and I am friends with Joe Corso, a great Boilermaker.--  MC

1 hour ago, Iwrite said:

WrestlingKnowNothing --- hope you can come to our booth and say "hi" as you are one of the 3-4 posters that I respect the most...a true student of the sport's rich history.  And Purduefan... the same goes for you. I am also a fan of Purdue as it is coached by a man from the hometown of Frank Gotch, and I am friends with Joe Corso, a great Boilermaker.--  MC

That is very kind of you to say, especially given all you have done to promote college wrestling and preserve its history. Unfortunately, I am traveling for work Thursday and Friday and cannot attend. The good news, though, is I have arranged my schedule to maximize my TV viewing.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

It is open Thursday from 2 to 5:30 p.m., Friday from 1:30 to 6:30 p.m. and Saturday from 1 to 5 p.m. I don't have specific times for USA Wrestling practice sessions. Dan Gable will be signing from 2:45 to 4:45 on Thursday only, and the line the last couple of years were so long that it took nearly half an hour to get to him. There will be other stars there too...including Olympic champions Ben and John Peterson and Ed and Lou Banach. It's a very family-oriented event.

• Fire 2