Highlight Matches First Two Rounds

125 R1:

Kaylor vs Noto: both AA's

Palmer vs Flynn: Palmer right off the scale is likely not gonna be at his best but I think hes a dark horse if he can manage his weight.

Caleb smith vs The beard: not much to say just good match.

125 R2:

Davis vs Ungar: I think ungar beats Peterson again, having watched a good bit of ungar hes rather boring on his feet but hes really good with double unders where we've seen Davis struggle a tad although it seemed patched up at big10's, and he has some nasty tilts.

Figs vs Mckee: seems like Mckee is destined to lose r1 or r2 and then wrestle all the way back. Figs is by no means lighting the world on fire with his wins but hes been winning since his early season slump.

133 R1:

Marlon Yarbrough vs nagao: Yarbrough is really 14-4 this year he had 3mff losses one of those losses should have been a win against Latona in the acc semis he also has a previous win over Latona earlier in the year and an 8-7 loss to ragusin. He did get teched by mason leiphart who is pretty prolific from top much like nagao so that bottom deficiency may haunt him here but I think it could be a potential upset.

Nasir Bailey vs Kade Moore: kade did not look good at big 12's but maybe hes shaking the rust off he was looking great after he stuck Latona and narrowly lost to Vito. Picking Bailey but exciting one.

133 R2:

Bouzakis vs fix: This kinda feels like a terrible matchup for Nic. Fix is as stingy as they come but more than likely Nic will just fire and I think that could lead to some easy points for fix, but Nic has that man strength so hes always exciting.

Latona vs Ragusin: two very long boys. Ragusin is in much better form right now but Latona is a 2x AA so he knows how to get it done at NCAA's

Nagao vs Bailey: Probably the least talked about TF this year. Bailey is super quick to legs and has great tilts on top (ask Evan frost) This may be my favorite r2 matchup in general going to be a lot of scrambles, I like Bailey to take it given nagaos slight lack of baseline defense this season.

141 R1:

Brock hardy vs vince corbella: don't really expect Vince to wrestle he looked really hurt at conferences but purely based off name value a cool match

Jordan Titus vs tom crook: just really enjoy watching both of these guys.. don't shoot a head inside single on Titus 

141 R2:

Beau vs Cole Matthews: Cole had this match about as close to won last year at NCAA's as you can without winning. Neither guy is going to take a leg attack more than likely so it feels destined for rideouts.

Hardy vs Lemley: I mean both matches were sick and the series is 1-1

Jack vs Titus: 

149 R1:

Rathjen vs Williams: missed this one in the dual, Williams defaulted to Watters hope hes healthy but I think he may be a little soft to wrestle rathjen for 7

Abas vs Kasak: very much expect kasak to win this pretty easily but abas did once take Yianni to the brink

149 R2: 

Arrington vs Demilio: Arrington is in much better form but they did split at CKLV

157 R1:

Lewan vs Saldate: Battle of the two guys that can stop Levi from majoring them

DJ Mcgee vs Brayton lee: I think Mcgee is really underrated just being a MAC kid, could see him making some noise in this tournament 

Peyten keller vs Johnny lovett: Mac on Mac crime in r1

Mauller vs Travis: Teague took this one in the dual and they are high school teammates I believe, kinda leaning Mauller in the rematch

157 R2:

Haines vs Mauller: Mauller punishes extended shots, unfortunately for him I don't know if anyone finishes better than Levi

Lewan vs Robb: I think these guys both have at least two wins against each other in their careers, Lewan seems in better form but id like to hope we see CKLV Robb

Andonian vs Downey: I don't really think Andonian is fully healthy, but the scrambles in this match could be absolutely insane

Meyer vs Chittum: Third times the charm, hopefully we actually get to see it. I am about as biased towards Meyer as it gets so ill be picking him but his gas tank is a bit of a concern and chittum will be in his face for 7

165 R1: N/A

165 R2: 

Hall vs Antrell Taylor: Hall seems to have a lot of variance in his results but at his best he should AA at this weight. Taylor impressed me a lot at junior trials and most of this year. Hes super strong despite likely being an actual 157lber and holds really good position should be fun

Olejnik vs Amine: Amine is another guy that just knows how to get it done at NCAA's going purely of this years results I favor olejnik pretty heavily

174 R1: N/A

174 R2:

PK vs Conigliaro: I would have been more excited for this match had Conigliaro not just lost twice to benny baker

184 R1: N/A

184 R2:

Sam wolf vs Bennet berge: Two guys that have really made big jumps this year 

Chris foca vs Dustin Plott: I thought Foca had a chance to win this weight when brooks and Trent bumped up this year, he has since disappointed me, but at his best I think he can go with Plott

salazar vs Rogotzke: If Rogotzke can reach back and chin whip Salazar then he can do it to anyone

197 R1: 

Surber vs Deprez: This match is probably not actually all that exciting just to contrasts of styles 

197 R2:

Stephen B vs Stephen L: Buchannen was a consensus finalist coming into the season, he has not really looked the part this year (rumors hes dinged up) I had never heard of Stephen little until he made the u20 world team, but man is he good

Jacob Cardenas vs Rocky Elam: bit of a rocky season for... Rocky. The match in the dual was a fairly decisive win for Rocky, but this feels like one Rocky probably needs to get on the podium and hes done that his first 3 years so I think he finds a way

Jaxon smith vs lou deprez: this feels like a match with smith can hit a duck or two and I'm here for it

285 R1:

Nash vs Schultz: this one is for the boys that miss the old heavies, gonna be a lot of beef and a lot of pushing

285 R2:

Feldman vs Trephan: the Feldman that lost to trephan early in the season seems far gone, I like him to get that win back here

Nathan Taylor vs Dayton pitzer: I have Pitzer getting by Doucet and this is a match he won earlier this season so 21 seed pitzer in the quarters?

Ghadali vs Davison: This match should be pretty high output, two guys that can really move.

• Bob 1
  • Brain 3
  • Fire 5

Just a quick glance over brackets, have some repeats, but here we go...

125 R1:

Surtin/Poulin

Smith/DeAug

125 R2:

Volk/Noto

Figs/McKee

133 R1:

Serrano/Chlebove

Wells/Phipps

133 R2:

Nagao/Bailey 💥

141 R1:

Edmond/Henson

VomBaur/McNeil

141 R2:

Lemley/Hardy

Henson/Echemendia

149 R1:

Rathjen/Williams

Abas/Kasak

149 R2:

Kasak/Lamer

Swiderski/Fernandez

157 R1:

Travis/Mauller

Lee/McGee

Swensen/Zerban

Lewan/Saldate

157 R2:

Lewan/Robb

Blockhus/Scott

165 R1:

Fish/Thompson

165 R2:

Taylor/Hall

Olejnik/Amine

174 R1:

Kemp/Thompson

174 R2:

Kennedy/Conigliaro

Wolak/Incontrera

184 R1:

Hawks/Kane

Fishback/Malczewski

Heller/Rogotzke

184 R2:

Foca/Plott

Ayzerov/Munoz

197 R1:

Mac Stout/Elam

Voelker/Poznanski

197 R2:

Little/Buchanan

Elam/Cardenas

Smith/Deprez

285 R1:

Doucet/Pitzer

285 R2:

Feldman/Trephan

Ghadiali/Davison

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, wrestle87 said:

At 174 I’m keeping my eye on Baker and Wolak in R1.  That is rematch of the EIWA finals in the first round.  Those sorts if back to back matches can be real surprising sometimes

They didn't meet at the EIWA tournament.

5 hours ago, wrestle87 said:

At 174 I’m keeping my eye on Baker and Wolak in R1.  That is rematch of the EIWA finals in the first round.

1 hour ago, BigRedFan said:

They didn't meet at the EIWA tournament.

It was the final of the EIWA Columbia-Cornell dual meet!

Pitzer could prove to be a very, very shrewd dark horse in someone's Wrestlestat pick 'em. It won't be easy given his health or opponents but he has a viable path to the semis.

R1 Beat Doucet

R2 beat Taylor who I feel is over seeded but will beat Trephan

Quarters beat Schultz (again). Or maybe Slava!

Davison also has as an ideal of a draw that a double digit seed could hope for. Bastida is on a tear but I will never count out a multiple time AA from showing up on the big stage Friday morning.

i am an idiot on the internet