Biden administration ADMITS flying 320,000 migrants secretly into the U.S.

56 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

And another perfect example of why I shouldn't even try to respond to TPTD.  ZERO reading comprehension skills and twisting everything he reads to make a boogeyman appear in something someone wrote.  People cry and stomp their feet over the dumbest things just to be a victim or make someone else a victim.  "I can't believe you called them illegals!!" 🙄  

I'll say it again very clearly.....I am all for those who want to come here to the US for a better life.  I am also all for having secured boarders and an effective and efficient way to vet those people before letting them in. 

Not going to address any of the counterpoints? 

No examples of actual undocumented immigrants.

Didn't chose. 

Myriad of other solutions besides cage the US(not the whole US btw, just one side). 

Just hand wave me away as crazy and a victim.

Convenient. 

5 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

What is bleeding, how does that manifest? 

How would describe the amount the system could 'handle'? What metrics should we look at? 

I’ve yet to see your great idea(s) to fix the border. All you say is keep ‘em coming. 

2 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Bleeding is happening now. There are over 11 million unlawful immigrants currently in our country (that we know of).  The border patrol regulates the amount based on what they can handle.  

Ok. So 11million are here. That sounds about right. If memory serves that's been about the number for a few years. Looking at research the number has been coming down. But tracking up recently. 

Why close the border entirely? If border patrol can handle a certain amount, shouldn't we process people at that capacity? 

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-and-asylum/asylum/the-affirmative-asylum-process#:~:text=To apply for asylum in,physically present in the U.S.&text=To apply for asylum%2C you,1-year filing deadline).

There is a process for people seeking asylum. Remaining in Mexico is unrealistic. If they are seeking asylum they get a chance to make their case. 

26 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Remain in Mexico 

Finish the wall/barriers

everything that biden is asking for from congress right now/plus what the border patrol is asking for 

this at least slows down the bleeding. which has to happen first 

Then a bipartisan policy that allows an amount of legal immigrants in yearly that our system can handle 

H.R. 2    https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/118/hr2/summary

It’s already been passed in the House and is awaiting action in the Senate. 

4 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Have I said that? 

I think I've posited a few ideas. 

Some that revolve around increasing capacity to process migrants at the border, akin to yours. That's an idea. 

Understand the reason they are fleeing their home countries. Help to address those issues. It helps them, it helps us. Win win. 

But to leave people to suffer on your door step when you have the capacity to, at the very least, give them a bed and a meal, is cruel. 

Do you think the people presenting themselves at our border mean us harm? 

Also, the other parts of the argument that I've seen, 'what about the people here that need help?' Agreed. They need help. Lets talk about them too and what they need. But the discussion seems to trend in the same way. Like everyone is looking for a handout and you want to refuse them of help because of the simple fact that they need it. Or please clarify if I am wrong. 

Edited by ThreePointTakedown

1 minute ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Have I said that? 

You’re pretty adamant that them coming here is a boost for America. Even though statistics/facts show that it’s costing us yearly as a country over $150 billion dollars.  

Do you think the border needs to be fixed ?  If not why?  If so how?  
and tell me why Biden didn’t do everything he wants to do now when he had the capability in his first two years?  

7 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

I think I've posited a few ideas. 

Some that revolve around increasing capacity to process migrants at the border, akin to yours. That's an idea. 

Understand the reason they are fleeing their home countries. Help to address those issues. It helps them, it helps us. Win win. 

But to leave people to suffer on your door step when you have the capacity to, at the very least, give them a bed and a meal, is cruel. 

Do you think the people presenting themselves at our border mean us harm? 

Whether they mean us harm or not we can’t afford them in these numbers. Our systems aren’t capable.  If our systems were capable they wouldn’t be bused all over and the sanctuary cities wouldn’t be pushing back as they are. 

Edited by JimmyBT

You’re pretty adamant that them coming here is a boost for America. Even though statistics/facts show that it’s costing us yearly as a country over $150 billion dollars.  

Do you think the border needs to be fixed ?  If not why?  If so how?  
and tell me why Biden didn’t do everything he wants to do now when he had the capability in his first two years?  

This is not an attack on you but THIS calls into question the $150b amount.

"Merely using the correct numbers reduces FAIR’s estimated fiscal cost of illegal immigrants from $116 billion to $3.3 to $15.6 billion – and that is without touching their flawed static approach to counting how illegal immigrants impact the economy. This does not mean that the negative fiscal impact of illegal immigration is $3.3 to $15.6 billion annually, it merely means that using the correct numbers massively reduces their cost estimate."

So there are two opinions. The numbers and method of the second have not been combed through. Maybe there is a middle. But it seems, from this article that your info inaccurate and your conclusions might be skewed as a result. 

How do we fix the problem if we can't figure out what the problem is? You seem to want to rely on a simple solution to a very nuanced problem. 

1 hour ago, JimmyBT said:

Remain in Mexico 

Finish the wall/barriers

everything that biden is asking for from congress right now/plus what the border patrol is asking for 

this at least slows down the bleeding. which has to happen first 

Then a bipartisan policy that allows an amount of legal immigrants in yearly that our system can handle 

This is already the law of the land.   Biden just needs to enforce it which is the oath he took on Inauguration day.  

mspart

• Bob 1

32 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Ok. So 11million are here. That sounds about right. If memory serves that's been about the number for a few years. Looking at research the number has been coming down. But tracking up recently. 

Why close the border entirely? If border patrol can handle a certain amount, shouldn't we process people at that capacity? 

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-and-asylum/asylum/the-affirmative-asylum-process#:~:text=To apply for asylum in,physically present in the U.S.&text=To apply for asylum%2C you,1-year filing deadline).

There is a process for people seeking asylum. Remaining in Mexico is unrealistic. If they are seeking asylum they get a chance to make their case. 

- Remaining in Mexico is not unrealistic. 
- I never said close the border entirely.  In fact, I said let the border patrol allow entries at a pace they can handle (legally) that allows them to enter while not overwhelming our systems like they are now.  

• Bob 1

Just now, mspart said:

This is already the law of the land.   Biden just needs to enforce it which is the oath he took on Inauguration day.  

mspart

Again. Should have been done day 1 that he took over 

20 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

This is not an attack on you but THIS calls into question the $150b amount.

"Merely using the correct numbers reduces FAIR’s estimated fiscal cost of illegal immigrants from $116 billion to $3.3 to $15.6 billion – and that is without touching their flawed static approach to counting how illegal immigrants impact the economy. This does not mean that the negative fiscal impact of illegal immigration is $3.3 to $15.6 billion annually, it merely means that using the correct numbers massively reduces their cost estimate."

So there are two opinions. The numbers and method of the second have not been combed through. Maybe there is a middle. But it seems, from this article that your info inaccurate and your conclusions might be skewed as a result. 

How do we fix the problem if we can't figure out what the problem is? You seem to want to rely on a simple solution to a very nuanced problem. 

https://www.newsweek.com/illegal-immigration-costs-us-billions-biden-administration-policy-impact-taxpayer-burden-1866555

after taxes taken in.   Questioned by whom?? 

Edited by JimmyBT

1 minute ago, JimmyBT said:

Again. Should have been done day 1 that he took over 

So we can agree that what 45 did to, way too many migrants and many of them children, with some of their policies was inhumane and cruel? 

That someone wanted to stop being cruel to people, makes you upset? 

Granted their are other issues but fundamentally they are people coming to a country built on the back immigration, they should be greeted with a bit more respect and dignity, right?

So implement it. And again should have been done in 2021

Except Biden undid it all on his first day.  And all we have heard since is that the border is closed, the border is under control, there is no border crisis.   But Biden has said all those in the last few weeks.  He brought this on us and he should pay the piper for it, the least of which would be to vote him out of office. 

mspart

3 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

So we can agree that what 45 did to, way too many migrants and many of them children, with some of their policies was inhumane and cruel? 

Granted their are other issues but fundamentally they are people coming to a country built on the back immigration, they should be greeted with a bit more respect and dignity, right?

I’m not being cruel to anyone. There are plenty other huge issues like taking care of the people already here.  FIRST 

Edited by JimmyBT
  • Bob 1

6 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Face it. Biden owns this.  💯   It’s all on him.  Coming into this country legally is the backbone. Has been for a long time now. 

Edited by JimmyBT

3 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

That article just reports on the same FAIR study that was debunked as flawed. Doesn't try to rehabilitate it with new methods or numbers. 

Just now, ThreePointTakedown said:

That article just reports on the same FAIR study that was debunked as flawed. Doesn't try to rehabilitate it with new methods or numbers. 

Again….. debunked by whom???  

I’m not being cruel to anyone. There are plenty other huge issues like taking care of the people already here.  FIRST 

We keep coming back to that. And we all agree. But again, no or at least not many republicans are offering up more money for education or food stamps or head start or pre-k or health care or homeless shelters. 

I didn't say you were doing anything. but that you didn't answer the question gives me pause as to what you think of those policies and practices. Care to answer the question as asked?

Again….. debunked by whom???  

The link I included in the word THIS goes through all the ways they disagree with the FAIR method. They have a few points of contention with how the numbers are put together. 

Sorry I didn't realize the miscommunication. 

1 minute ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

We keep coming back to that. And we all agree. But again, no or at least not many republicans are offering up more money for education or food stamps or head start or pre-k or health care or homeless shelters. 

I didn't say you were doing anything. but that you didn't answer the question gives me pause as to what you think of those policies and practices. Care to answer the question as asked?

And the pause you always give is throw money at it. We don’t have the money or the capacity in our current system. Sorry but it’s a fact.