B1G Tournament Brackets are here

9 minutes ago, SocraTease said:

What's the Big Ten team points record?   

Penn State currently has 166.5 without Starocci and without 285 being contested?

They end up with 170.5 total points with 9 scoring wrestlers

13 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

I think Penn State went 28-5 in contested matches,   I may be off a little.

I think they only lost a total of 4 matches:  Nagao in semis,  Kasak in semis,  Bartlett in finals, and Truax in finals.

Edited by SocraTease
  • Jagger 1

10 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

That last TD was nice, I would not have expected that stubby leg trip if I was Glaze

The one I like best is when he uses a head snap or collar tie to get the opponent off balance and catches an ankle in one hand while posting the opposite arm and driving thru. Cael used that one all the time back in the day.

Edited by Pinnacle
  • Bob 1

17 minutes ago, NormMacDonald said:

Thats what had me wondering.  He looked shorter than some of the lower weights standing next to her. 

Isn't that Luke Pletcher's wife? He's not too tall, I think she's around 5'6". Brooks might be in the 5'8-5'9" range.

• Brain 1

I'm not a big fan of Jeff Byers, but he's a great announcer.   His knowledge of wrestling is tip top and he  knows the competitors,  I watch the tourney and listen to his commentary.    After Kasaks pin for third. he jumped to the Lovett/Gomez match and didn't skip a beat talking knowing about their accolades.  He's good. 

12 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

I'm not a big fan of Jeff Byers, but he's a great announcer.   His knowledge of wrestling is tip top and he  knows the competitors,  I watch the tourney and listen to his commentary.    After Kasaks pin for third. he jumped to the Lovett/Gomez match and didn't skip a beat talking knowing about their accolades.  He's good. 

Dude must've been screaming during Mesenbrink

1 hour ago, SocraTease said:

Davis is smart, however.  He was summa cum laude in high school and I seem to think he had a 4.0 at PSU his first semester if I'm not mistaken

Cool.  Good to hear.  Didn’t show through but it is a tough situation.  

22 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Not to steal Byers' thunder here, but he almost certainly has a cheat sheet in front of him.

4 minutes ago, macwoodfleet said:

Not to steal Byers' thunder here, but he almost certainly has a cheat sheet in front of him.

Who cares?  Listen to an Iowa broadcast with Ironside, its like sitting next to someones dad in the stands.  "STALLING"

However, Caleb Young is showing promise out of the gate,  He's good.

• Fire 1