James Green - 65kg. Why?

2 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

second guy looks at least solid, beat tobier at worlds and lost to tevanyan 8-6. I dont really think James is going to be a factor at 65 though.

I wish he would just give 74 KG a proper go.  Same as Pantaleo.  Even if they weigh 160lbs, they will have a tank.  Maybe not a factor for the #1 spot, but could play spoiler for some gents at making the team (Pantaleo is like 8-1 against Berger all-time and Green is like 5-0 on Retherford all-time at 70 KG yeah?).

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

His first loss:

https://uww.org/athletes/aghayev-musa

Guy DNP at U20s last year at 61 KG.  He lost to him via 6-3 Decision.

His second loss:

https://uww.org/athletes/kudiev-abdulmazhid

Guy has basically no Senior level success.  He lost to him via 4-0 Decision.

He lost to slouches.

Soooooo Kudiev beat Tobier at last years worlds and barely lost to Tevanyan (who we all know got upset by Seabass) so he didnt get a chance at bronze. 
In this tournament he TECHED Mamedov to start (who is clearly one of the best wrestlers in the world) that alone elevates him to "not a slouch" in my book

As far as Aghayev goes? Yeah, he's newer to the scene with limited results, but he was a finalist who also beat Kudiev.... good tournament 

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, Spladle08 said:

Soooooo Kudiev beat Tobier at last years worlds and barely lost to Tevanyan (who we all know got upset by Seabass) so he didnt get a chance at bronze. 
In this tournament he TECHED Mamedov to start (who is clearly one of the best wrestlers in the world) that alone elevates him to "not a slouch" in my book

As far as Aghayev goes? Yeah, he's newer to the scene with limited results, but he was a finalist who also beat Kudiev.... good tournament 

Neither have even competed for a medal at Worlds.

For the standard of representing us at 65 KG to qualify the weight, I do consider them as slouches.

A close loss to Tobier or Tevanyan means more than a loss to either of them.  His second match for bronze he didn't even score a point.

• Bob 1

Just now, nhs67 said:

Neither have even competed for a medal at Worlds.

For the standard of representing us at 65 KG to qualify the weight, I do consider them as slouches.

A close loss to Tobier or Tevanyan means more than a loss to either of them.  His second match for bronze he didn't even score a point.

Yeah so the second match was to Kudiev who is tough. And I dont think James G is an olympic medalist. 
But I think Mamedov is that quality, and losing to the guy that just teched him, isn't the worst thing. 
Yes JG isn't remotely close to an Olympic medal. 
but also 
Yes JG looked less than helpless in his first event down at 65kg in while. *I expected worse

• Bob 1

4 minutes ago, Spladle08 said:

Kudiev even has a win over Bajrang. He's tough. But I get it, you will argue to the death. 

I want 65 KG qualified first.  Green isn't qualifying it for us with the way he is wrestling right now.

(Un)fortunately he wouldn't be able to earn that right because he isn't going win OTT.  A duck is a duck.

• Wrestle 1

9 minutes ago, Spladle08 said:

Yeah so the second match was to Kudiev who is tough. And I dont think James G is an olympic medalist. 
But I think Mamedov is that quality, and losing to the guy that just teched him, isn't the worst thing. 
Yes JG isn't remotely close to an Olympic medal. 
but also 
Yes JG looked less than helpless in his first event down at 65kg in while. *I expected worse

He was twice the size of the first guy he wrestled.  The size difference looked comical and he couldn't do anything with the advantage.  I didn't see his Bronze medal match.

• Stalling 1

I think Alirez or if zain somehow makes the weight and is functional are our safest bets to qualify the weight followed by Yianni then Nick. Nick obviously domestically is one of the best guys, but he seems to struggle with the international comp a bit although he looked good at worlds despite not medaling.

13 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I think Alirez or if zain somehow makes the weight and is functional are our safest bets to qualify the weight followed by Yianni then Nick. Nick obviously domestically is one of the best guys, but he seems to struggle with the international comp a bit although he looked good at worlds despite not medaling.

I still want Zain at 74 KG.

I don't know what weight he is going yet, either, and I don't know if it's been publicly announced.  Has anyone seen him?  Does his jawline look drawn out or does he still appear to be weaponized?

• 2 weeks later...