Media - Listen to us because we will tell you what you need to know

mspart

1 minute ago, Bigbrog said:

I know...was a jab at that whackadoodle you are arguing with.  Guy seems like he has a few screws loose.

He’s by far the biggest sheeple on this site and you’re spot on about loose screws.   His mind is so clouded it’s actually sad.  All he does is babble his partisan bullshit while DOING nothing about anything.   

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Typical useless platitude. You seem disinterested in honest conversation. 

Enlighten, will you?

You have nothing. You want everything While doing nothing to get it.  It’s never your fault it’s everyone else’s. No self accountability and even worse no self respect.  If you actually tried harder you just might find it’s not that hard to accomplish something.  

equal opportunity > equal outcome. 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

The rest of the post puts it into perspective. 

Care to engage in the rest of it? 

No I don't...because arguing with you is a futile thing and quite frankly you appear to be nuts.  You have been presented over and over with evidence and FACTS on how the majority of MSM is left leaning and you completely ignore it and continue to argue how it is not.  You then somehow turn it around to be about some perceived attack on public education.  Since you are a teacher one can only come to the conclusion that you may be like your fan boy ban and be a complete and utter narcissist.  

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

I'm sorry my ideas challenge yours. Care to talk about it? 

Your ideas. Bahahhhahahahahahha. Those brainwashed thoughts you try to put into words are all partisan sheeple bullshit. 

There’s an entire thread on here about Jimmy carter creating the department of education in 1979. In the over four decades since while other countries got better at reading, writing and arithmetic we decided other things we’re more important. Our test scores are really no better than they were in the 60’s which is hard to do especially when the standards continue to be lowered to make it fair. There are countless stories about how entire classes of kids can’t read or write after finishing a year of school.  

15 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

You have nothing. You want everything While doing nothing to get it.  It’s never your fault it’s everyone else’s. No self accountability and even worse no self respect.  If you actually tried harder you just might find it’s not that hard to accomplish something.  

equal opportunity > equal outcome. 

Must be nice. 

1 minute ago, JimmyBT said:

There’s an entire thread on here about Jimmy carter creating the department of education in 1979. In the over four decades since while other countries got better at reading, writing and arithmetic we decided other things we’re more important. Our test scores are really no better than they were in the 60’s which is hard to do especially when the standards continue to be lowered to make it fair. There are countless stories about how entire classes of kids can’t read or write after finishing a year of school.  

Are test scores the best metric to determine a student's success? 

Which things were more important? 

Did Reagan deprioritize education in the his state and then in the country? Might that have aided in the decline of education? 

Agreed. Should we fix it though? How do we fix it? 

4 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Are test scores the best metric to determine a student's success? 

Which things were more important? 

Did Reagan deprioritize education in the his state and then in the country? Might that have aided in the decline of education? 

Agreed. Should we fix it though? How do we fix it? 

Quit lowering the standards for one. 

27 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

No I don't...because arguing with you is a futile thing and quite frankly you appear to be nuts.  You have been presented over and over with evidence and FACTS on how the majority of MSM is left leaning and you completely ignore it and continue to argue how it is not.  You then somehow turn it around to be about some perceived attack on public education.  Since you are a teacher one can only come to the conclusion that you may be like your fan boy ban and be a complete and utter narcissist.  

The original post was to highlight articles that someone thinks that the media is outright saying they want to control your thoughts. If you read the articles included in the post they say that not having a good method of discerning the truth is bad. Regardless of the media you absorb. That we are getting worse at figuring out what is really real and what is fake. And with AI, I imagine it will become more difficult. 

If you disagree, please include your thoughts. 

I highlighted public education because, in my opinion, it mirrors the issue that we are getting worse at something and no one wants to understand why and there are real consequences for kicking the can down the road. Getting people riled up about mind control or the deep state or CRT is the next boogie man to keep people mad a common enemy. You don't have an enemy. Just people who want to do and be better. 

7 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

what standards? 

Here’s a good start for you.
Eliminating honors programs, how we grade, the amount of reading and writing required, entrance to college standards, SAT questions, discipline in schools 

Edited by JimmyBT

There’s a reason why companies are starting to drop the requirement of needing a college degree to get a job.  It’s no longer valued as meaning someone is smarter or more qualified the way it once was. 

1 minute ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Is the Fordham Institute more conservative or progressive? 

Do you have any articles advocating for the opposite side of your point? 

It’s an interesting article. Do what you want with it. 

1 hour ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Again, this goes back to media being a business and business, typically, likes lower taxes and less regulation. Which party best exemplifies those policies? It would be against their interest to employ a group of people that undermine those motivations. 

You asked where the data is that supports the media bias.  It was provided in support of general information and business journalism bias.  You are welcome.

The data leads to your smart question: why would businesses promote progressive ideas that are bad for profits?

My mind wonders about the progressive education system that corporate leaders and the youth attend.  The youth want to spend money on corporations that reflect their values.  That incentivizes businesses to spend on progressive ideas to be attractive to the youth.  Another influence is that some giant hedge fund owners have expressly communicated that they will change corporate behaviors by force of money. 

And... some of these behaviors make me sick.  It is fantastic to see multiple billionaires taking action against coercive behaviors of racist DEI and fascist speech suppression.