Media - Listen to us because we will tell you what you need to know

mspart

1 hour ago, jross said:

Will you look into the answers to your lurking questions, or should I do it for you?  These questions you are asking are a PRIME REASON to research beyond what the main street news feeds you.

They are questions posed to you. I'm asking for your thoughts. I am not assuming anything. I want to know what metric you use to determine things in the world. It will help me to converse better. 

21 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Government controlled health care sucks.  

Based on examples of it being underfunded and sloppy. Agreed. 

Health Care expenses among other countries

You mentioned that you can call your doc and get in the office tomorrow. Is that your way of saying that you are unwilling to sacrifice, even a little bit, if that means everyone in the country could see a noticeable benefit?  

7 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

An interesting article on why corporations play the woke card even though they’re capitalist.  Answer was always pretty simple but this is for the guy that’s kinda slow. 

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2023/08/why-media-conglomerates-are-spoon-feeding-us-anti-capitalism

Was that insult aimed at me? 

1 minute ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Based on examples of it being underfunded and sloppy. Agreed. 

Health Care expenses among other countries

You mentioned that you can call your doc and get in the office tomorrow. Is that your way of saying that you are unwilling to sacrifice, even a little bit, if that means everyone in the country could see a noticeable benefit?  

It means I like my healthcare at the standard it is. 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Are you answering a question with a question or are you just afraid? 

Or are you just slow?  You just answered a questions with a question. 🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by JimmyBT

7 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

It means I like my healthcare at the standard it is. 

So you don't want it better or for people with no health care to have anything, let alone better. That sounds kinda selfish. Are you from the selfish generation? Sounds like it. Want to whine more about the VA or unions. You've got yours. Screw everyone else. Go yell at clouds. 

34 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

So you don't want it better or for people with no health care to have anything, let alone better. That sounds kinda selfish. Are you from the selfish generation? Sounds like it. Want to whine more about the VA or unions. You've got yours. Screw everyone else. Go yell at clouds. 

Says the guy yelling because he can’t figure it out without help from those that did.  Think about that while you’re whining.  YOU NEED my help. Bahahahahhahahaha

48 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

They are questions posed to you. I'm asking for your thoughts. I am not assuming anything. I want to know what metric you use to determine things in the world. It will help me to converse better. 

How do you determine that education is progressive?  When the workers, content, and outcomes reflect examples like what we've seen with diversity quotas in business.  

What is racist about DEI? In practice, it incentivizes for reasons other than merit.  For example, skin color.

DEI directly violates the USA constitutional expectation that no one should be treated differently than anyone else because of their gender, race, ethnicity, or other fundamental characteristics. 

DEI is partly why if my eldest child becomes an engineer, she will have significantly more opportunities for the sole reason of being female.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Yes. That's what that means. 

I can appreciate the thought of something being possible despite a lack of evidence. 

What it seems like you're trying to say is that the lack of evidence IS evidence that warrants an investigation as to whether the lack of evidence is authentic. Is that the case? 

If so, is any non-crime safe from being investigated? Could the police or any law enforcement use that as a reason to come into your home or office to search for something. Because there is NO evidence of it but they want to make sure that their being no evidence is just a coincidence.   

You are conflating two very different issues.   Voting and votes should be without question reliable and secure.   If not, then that should be investigated.   This is different from my house being investigated which would be a violation of my constitutional rights.   Looking into voting malfeasance is not against any constitutional right.   Your example is an example of refusing to see what is right in front of you and making up argument to try to divert attention from what is right in front of you.   Can't see the forest for the trees is apt.

mspart

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

So you're a moron. Got it. 

So now we have it.   Resorted to name calling.   But before that, you resorted to acting like a 3 year old asking why about everything.   Why is 2+2 = 4.   Because that is life.   But why?  Because two fingers plus two fingers is 4 fingers.  But why?  Because Isaac Newton said so.   But why?  Because he invented the idea of gravity.  But why?  Because  he wanted to do it before the German guy did it.   But why?   Because you'll be in time out if you ask why again.   But why?   Ok, time out.    But why?   Door slams. 

Yes this is a ridiculous example to type out.   But you are the little 3 year old and it is impossible to have a conversation with you when you demand answers but provide none.   We've had that here before many times.  Always irritating to say the least.  

Nobody argues with your right to ask a question.   But when you refuse to answer questions, it is not a conversation anymore, just an attempt at misdirection.  

You are the example the title of this thread is talking about.  

mspart

Edited by mspart
  • Fire 2

2 hours ago, mspart said:

So now we have it.   Resorted to name calling.   But before that, you resorted to acting like a 3 year old asking why about everything.   Why is 2+2 = 4.   Because that is life.   But why?  Because two fingers plus two fingers is 4 fingers.  But why?  Because Isaac Newton said so.   But why?  Because he invented the idea of gravity.  But why?  Because  he wanted to do it before the German guy did it.   But why?   Because you'll be in time out if you ask why again.   But why?   Ok, time out.    But why?   Door slams. 

Yes this is a ridiculous example to type out.   But you are the little 3 year old and it is impossible to have a conversation with you when you demand answers but provide none.   We've had that here before many times.  Always irritating to say the least.  

Nobody argues with your right to ask a question.   But when you refuse to answer questions, it is not a conversation anymore, just an attempt at misdirection.  

You are the example the title of this thread is talking about.  

mspart

It’s funny how often he uses the “so my opinion is different than yours and you can’t handle it” line yet just because I don’t like unions like he does I’m a moron.  Dude is a zoomer acting hypocrite for sure.  

Edited by JimmyBT

10 hours ago, mspart said:

This is borne out in the Pilgrims experience.   They were a commune where everything was held in the community.   The results of that were similar to your example.   Then individual enterprise was tried by allowing the folks to do with their land whatever they wanted.   Soon food was more plentiful and general welfare increased dramatically.   Equality of outcome leads to lower results, it is human nature.   Individual accountability generally leads to greater results and better conditions for the community.   That also is human nature.  

mspart

Thank you for sharing this.  I read and learned more about the Pilgrim experience here.  https://www.hoover.org/research/how-private-property-saved-pilgrims

Trust the science...

Oops - Scientists at a Harvard-affiliated cancer hospital are planning to retract six studies and will correct an additional 31 as part of an ongoing investigation into image duplications and discrepancies in dozens of papers from some of its leading researchers.

A post on For Better Science, a blog focused on scientific integrity, flagged potential problems in papers co-written by top scientists and executives at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston. The institute is widely regarded as a national leader in cancer treatment and research, and much of its scientific work is supported by taxpayer dollars; it received more than $160 million from the National Institutes of Health in 2023, according to a federal database.

a swathe of research coming out of DFCI authored by the most senior researchers and managers appears to be hopelessly corrupt with errors that are obvious from just a cursory reading the papers.

https://forbetterscience.com/2024/01/02/dana-farberications-at-harvard-university/

18 hours ago, jross said:

How do you determine that education is progressive?  When the workers, content, and outcomes reflect examples like what we've seen with diversity quotas in business.  

What is racist about DEI? In practice, it incentivizes for reasons other than merit.  For example, skin color.

DEI directly violates the USA constitutional expectation that no one should be treated differently than anyone else because of their gender, race, ethnicity, or other fundamental characteristics. 

DEI is partly why if my eldest child becomes an engineer, she will have significantly more opportunities for the sole reason of being female.

" When the workers, content, and outcomes reflect examples like what we've seen with diversity quotas in business. " Not sure what this means. Can you elaborate? 

I understand you believe that about DEI. But is that actually the case? Are there examples of that happening? 

With regards to engineering, is the field or practice of engineering better off with your daughter's perspective and experience?