Bo Nickal on Joe Rogan

pokemonster

13 minutes ago, Ohio Elite said:

Chimaev fight would be insane! I dream of such things.  Knowing that his mom did some boxing, me thinks he told a fib

I'm thinking the UFC gods will arrange this fight for us at some point. Would test Bo's striking and defense against submissions, but I can't imagine Chimaev taking him down or being able to hold Bo down for long. Also interested to see if Bo can take a punch... Somehow he hasn't been hit at all yet. If he's got the striking defense of Pico... he might have a similar fate. 

1 minute ago, pokemonster said:

I'm thinking the UFC gods will arrange this fight for us at some point. Would test Bo's striking and defense against submissions, but I can't imagine Chimaev taking him down or being able to hold Bo down for long. Also interested to see if Bo can take a punch... Somehow he hasn't been hit at all yet. If he's got the striking defense of Pico... he might have a similar fate. 

Let's hope it's better than Pico's lol.

• Fire 1

35 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

You're the moron harping on what Joe's political views are. Maybe comment on Bo and the podcast?

Right...

6 hours ago, pokemonster said:

Seems like the mainstream media is really picking up on Bo. First he's on Jocko's podcast, now Joe Rogan's. Could be a fun listen for anyone as they touch on wrestling, how important it is for MMA, and Bo's approach to fighting considering his skills. I enjoyed the podcast. As usual, Joe does his bet to insert his repetitive political / covid views he forces into every podcast, but aside from that, good stuff. 

4 hours ago, pokemonster said:

Every podcast, no matter what they're discussing, somehow turns into Rogan discussing Joey B and how he's dying / can't speak, and a 30 minute rant about COVID lockdowns and vaccines. Every. Damn. Podcast. It's just a broken record and stale at this point, regardless of what your views are. 

On a fun note, Bo does touch on doping in the sport and how he thinks Mohammadian was juiced to the gills the day he rag-dolled him and Snyder. That's the kinda shit I wanna listen to!

4 hours ago, pokemonster said:

I didn't say I'm for or against what Rogan's views are. I'm saying its annoying to hear the same thing every single podcast when he could be discussing idk... interesting topics about the guest. But go on. 

3 hours ago, pokemonster said:

Everyone knows JRE is a polarizing podcast because of the reasons I stated. It's still worth the listen because 70% of it is relevant to this forum (wrestling, MMA, training, Penn State, etc). 

2 hours ago, pokemonster said:

I've listened to JRE regularly. I know it's a great podcast. It's polarizing if you ask anyone who doesn't listen to it, but to state that he doesn't belabor the same broken record shit is just not true. It's why the media always talks shit about his podcast. I know Joe Biden is a bumbling idiot, but Rogan has the same talking points every time it's brought up and its stale. Not to mention his "news worthy mishap" was actually corrected by Jamie because Joe just recites bullshit media articles and clickbait when discussing said topics. COVID started in 2020 and he's talked about it in every single one of his podcasts since then. Broken record. 

Says the guy who is obsessed and started the whole political thing!

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken
  • Fire 2

A clip from Rogan’s interview with Nickal has gone viral for all the wrong reasons.

Rogan and Nickal were both bashing Biden, and in the course of doing so, Rogan claimed that Biden said there were airports during the Revolutionary War. Nickal laughed and said he also saw that Biden said that.

Rogan then said that Biden’s purported statement was evidence that Biden wouldn’t be allowed to perform any job aside from the job of president. Nickal seemed to agree, and said that a person who made Biden’s purported statement wouldn’t be cleared to fight, and would need weeks of professional help.

Moments later, someone on Rogan’s team clarified that Biden was actually paraphrasing Trump — who previously said that there were airports during the Revolutionary War.

Once they realized Trump was the source of the airport comment, they didn’t think it was a big deal after all. 

Edited by peanut
  • Fire 2

4 hours ago, SocraTease said:

Nickal is a far right wing Christian evangelist.  He's "Jesus-trained" like Marinelli, but more pushy about it. 

I don’t recall the specifics of all of Nickal’s interviews, but IIRC he doesn’t talk about Jesus nearly as much as guys like Brooks or Marinelli.  

11 hours ago, pokemonster said:

On a fun note, Bo does touch on doping in the sport and how he thinks Mohammadian was juiced to the gills the day he rag-dolled him and Snyder. That's the kinda shit I wanna listen to!

Interesting that he also said he thought 99% of D1 wrestlers were NOT juicing

7 hours ago, peanut said:

A clip from Rogan’s interview with Nickal has gone viral for all the wrong reasons.

Rogan and Nickal were both bashing Biden, and in the course of doing so, Rogan claimed that Biden said there were airports during the Revolutionary War. Nickal laughed and said he also saw that Biden said that.

Rogan then said that Biden’s purported statement was evidence that Biden wouldn’t be allowed to perform any job aside from the job of president. Nickal seemed to agree, and said that a person who made Biden’s purported statement wouldn’t be cleared to fight, and would need weeks of professional help.

Moments later, someone on Rogan’s team clarified that Biden was actually paraphrasing Trump — who previously said that there were airports during the Revolutionary War.

Once they realized Trump was the source of the airport comment, they didn’t think it was a big deal after all. 

Clips from the podcast are now going absolutely viral yet I'm the jackass for saying his podcast is polarizing lol. 

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Interesting that he also said he thought 99% of D1 wrestlers were NOT juicing

I found that interesting. I've known at least one elite D1 wrestler 4xAA personally and know that he dabbled in high school. As much as I would love to believe that these guys are clean, how on earth would they be competing with guys juiced to the gills if they weren't taking something? 

14 hours ago, peanut said:

Watch the clip.  Trump misspoke on one word in an entireley lucid speach.   Biden has a gaffe every other word in every speach he does.  Trump also has exponentially more public engagements than Biden.  Think about doing 2 or more speaches a day and tell me you wouldn't screw up a word here or there.  Trump is under a microscope.  

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

Watch the clip.  Trump misspoke on one word in an entireley lucid speach.   Biden has a gaffe every other word in every speach he does.  Trump also has exponentially more public engagements than Biden.  Think about doing 2 or more speaches a day and tell me you wouldn't screw up a word here or there.  Trump is under a microscope.  

“speach” 

On 12/22/2023 at 12:13 PM, SocraTease said:

Nickal is a far right wing Christian evangelist.  He's "Jesus-trained" like Marinelli, but more pushy about it. 

Rogan is a shill and conspiracy theorist. Both of them are deeply uneducated or at best half educated.  Why would anyone get their news or opinions from these toxic figures?  

If you think that Biden rambles, take a look at this.  It is common course for he who will not be named:

"Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you're a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible." 

These are the best words!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

I just listened to the podcast.  Did he talk about religion at all?

He mentioned going to church but I think that's about it. He might be religious but I don't get the impression he's an evangelical lunatic. 

I did notice he asked to join Rogan on his elk hunts and then Rogan ended the podcast like 30 seconds later lol. 

3 hours ago, pokemonster said:

He mentioned going to church but I think that's about it. He might be religious but I don't get the impression he's an evangelical lunatic. 

I did notice he asked to join Rogan on his elk hunts and then Rogan ended the podcast like 30 seconds later lol. 

Nickal has a business relationship with Jocko, so my guess is that he may have an "in" as far as the Elk trips.

• Fire 1

On 12/22/2023 at 3:27 PM, Ohio Elite said:

Now we're talkin..

Chimaev fight would be insane! I dream of such things.  Knowing that his mom did some boxing, me thinks he told a fib

They have Bo on the slow built path. I’d like to see him get a Top 15 guy by the end 2024.  But it may even be early 2025 at this rate.  With a likely Top 10 fight not occurring until the mid to late 2025. Top 5 with talks of a title shot   sometime 2026. That is if he doesn’t get caught on the rise up.  

Edited by MadMardigain
  • Fire 2

29 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

They have Bo on the slow built path. I’d like to see him get a Top 15 guy by the end 2024.  But it may even be early 2025 at this rate.  With a likely Top 10 fight not occurring until the mid to late 2025. Top 5 with talks of a title shot   sometime 2026. That is if he doesn’t get caught on the rise up.  

Unfortunately, I think you are correct.

11 hours ago, MadMardigain said:

I thought it was interesting Nickal said he hasn’t even been hit yet in an actual fight, so it will be good to see him actually be able to take a punch.