Nebraska vs SDSU on BTN+

flyingcement

23 minutes ago, WrestlingFan89 said:

It’s interesting that Manning sent out backups at the 3 weights where SDSU was clearly favored:  133, 174, 197.  And then had Allred go at Hwt where a loss has no affect on his seeding at NCAA’s.

Not sure on van dee. Wilson would be a starter at 174 here on out. Allred going heavyweight might be a sign that Nash hatmacher is going to be wrestling next semester 

2 hours ago, WrestlingFan89 said:

It’s interesting that Manning sent out backups at the 3 weights where SDSU was clearly favored:  133, 174, 197.  And then had Allred go at Hwt where a loss has no affect on his seeding at NCAA’s.

Allred seems like a duck, but he had just gotten majored by Sloan at CKLV so the only thing he’d be protecting was his winning percentage.

Van Dee would have benefitted more than Cardinal with a win there, but may have been another attempt at protecting winning percentage if they weren’t confident he could win.

Wilson could be the starter at 174

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Allred seems like a duck, but he had just gotten majored by Sloan at CKLV so the only thing he’d be protecting was his winning percentage.

Van Dee would have benefitted more than Cardinal with a win there, but may have been another attempt at protecting winning percentage if they weren’t confident he could win.

Wilson could be the starter at 174

I think alot has to do with hatchmacher coming back. Allred wrestled with Sloan for a while st cklv. Wasn't a complete blowout like scoreboard showed 

2 hours ago, jajensen09 said:

I think alot has to do with hatchmacher coming back. Allred wrestled with Sloan for a while st cklv. Wasn't a complete blowout like scoreboard showed 

Yeah but he’s wrestled Sloan how many times now and he gets beat by 7-12 points every time. 

49 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Nah. Had to do with hatmacher

I still don’t buy that.  I could see an argument that bumping Allred was better for the team if they didn’t think Andrew’s could win at heavyweight, but again didn’t matter as the dual was clinched 

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I still don’t buy that.  I could see an argument that bumping Allred was better for the team if they didn’t think Andrew’s could win at heavyweight, but again didn’t matter as the dual was clinched 

True. Maybe they thought the dual score would be a little closer and that's what they decided before the dual and kept with the decision