Mizzou/OU

Tigerfan

It is the first of December.  It's a long time till March and I am not a fly on the wall in the Zou room.  As a fan, I would have loved to seen the Elam-Buchanan match up, but wasn't expecting to see it.  I'm curious what kind of weight cut Rocky has to do to maintain 197.  Could we see him do a Batista and bump up to Hvy next year and open up a slot to alleviate the jam at 184.  Also curious about motivation.  I can't fathom the physical/mental drain 5 and 6 yrs of college wrestling take.  4 was plenty for me and I came up during the Dan Gable "head wrapped, limping on one leg, running in the middle of the night when the Russians were sleeping", mentality.  As athletes, there comes a time when we ask ourselves that philosophical question, "why?"  I'm sure there are several forum regulars that know exactly what I'm referencing.  Isn't it strange how the "lenses in our glasses" change with each decade?

• Fire 2

11 hours ago, poorwrestler said:

Is Mizzou bringing any starters to SIUE tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering the same thing.  If I had to put money on it I would say no but my gambling abilities are not worth a crap.  Should see Steed at 157 and Harman or Hawks at 184.

25 minutes ago, Wrestej said:

I was wondering the same thing.  If I had to put money on it I would say no but my gambling abilities are not worth a crap.  Should see Steed at 157 and Harman or Hawks at 184.

Seltzer, Edmond and Both Elams are shown on the brackets. Big Elam and Seltzer have wrestled already. The Cougar Clash is on espn+, but only showing Mat 1. Still I’ll take that. Espn for the win lol. 

Edited by MizzouFan01
  • Fire 2

35 minutes ago, MizzouFan01 said:

Seltzer, Edmond and Both Elams are shown on the brackets. Big Elam and Seltzer have wrestled already. The Cougar Clash is on espn+, but only showing Mat 1. Still I’ll take that. Espn for the win lol. 

Where did you find the brackets?

Huge win for Hawks over Salazar of Minny at 184 just now. Hawks with a TD and 4 backs early in the first. Salazar was OB on his back for 15 second minimum. Hawks booth feet at least 2 ft inside the boundary. Should’ve been a fall, but wasn’t called. Hawks wins 12-5 with RT

6 minutes ago, MidwestMan said:

Thanks for that Hawks info.  Track Hub is still not resetting so no recent updated info on Tiger wrestlers.  Looks like it was going to be an all Tiger final at 184.

Hawks just lost to, I’m guessing is the Minny backup, pretty convincingly in the finals. No scoreboard on espn+ I think it was 15-4/16-4. 

Hawks just lost to, I’m guessing is the Minny backup, pretty convincingly in the finals. No scoreboard on espn+ I think it was 15-4/16-4. 

That was Max McEnelly. Top 10 recruit class of 23, true freshman former cadet world medalist. I was surprised to see the results of both of those matches.

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

That was Max McEnelly. Top 10 recruit class of 23, true freshman former cadet world medalist. I was surprised to see the results of both of those matches.

They only showed 1 mat on TV, I didn’t get to see any 3rd place matches. Also there wasn’t a finals match at 149, not sure what happened there. Do you know the score of Mcnelly and Harmon? They wrestled in the Semis. Harmon be Salazar for 3rd, do you know who won?

They only showed 1 mat on TV, I didn’t get to see any 3rd place matches. Also there wasn’t a finals match at 149, not sure what happened there. Do you know the score of Mcnelly and Harmon? They wrestled in the Semis. Harmon be Salazar for 3rd, do you know who won?

Nope. I turned it on just in time for the 174 pound finals. I’m completely in the dark because tracks not updating stupid brackets lol.

3 hours ago, MizzouFan01 said:

He’s only the back up because of the shirt.  I think they should pull it.