Iowa vs Penn

Several guys appear to be out for Iowa, I think Penn has a chance.

Probables: https://pennathletics.com/news/2022/11/25/15th-ranked-wrestling-heads-to-2-iowa-for-first-dual-meet-of-the-season.aspx

My predictions:

125: Miller maj Harris 4-0 Penn

133: Colaiocco dec Schriever (tossup?) 7-0

141: Ferrante dec Bennett 10-0

149: Murin dec Zapf (tossup) 10-3

157: Artalona dec Rathjen/Siebrecht 13-3

165: Kennedy dec Revano 13-6

174: Incontrera maj Rhodes 17-6

184: Assad maj Hale 17-10

197: Warner dec Urbas 17-13

285: Cassioppi fall Goldin 19-17 Iowa

Could come down to Murin/Zapf and/or bonus

3 PM on B10+

Edited by 1032004
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Justin Acklin said:

Are the Iowa guys beat up already?  Why are they missing these matches?  Is Brands just taking advantage of the new RS rule?  I mean, I know why Lee is out, but why the rest of them? 

What new RS rule? 

I can see Brands getting his scrubs all the work he can in the matches Iowa should easily win. That's just good decision making from the coach: why risk my A list wrestler in a dual match we'll easily win? Might as well get the backup some work so he can improve and get a little more confidence. 

What happened to Drake Ayala? I thought he was Lee's backup, is Drake injured or taking a RS or something?

9 minutes ago, Justin Acklin said:

Are the Iowa guys beat up already?  Why are they missing these matches?  Is Brands just taking advantage of the new RS rule?  I mean, I know why Lee is out, but why the rest of them? 

Teske (wrestle off winner) and Woods have something minor. Nelson Brands was in a car accident and is recovering from surgery.

Lee will be out until he is needed and Ayala is recovering from surgery as well (tore his pec in his first varsity match) and is redshirting. 

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Teske (wrestle off winner) and Woods have something minor. Nelson Brands was in a car accident and is recovering from surgery.

Lee will be out until he is needed and Ayala is recovering from surgery as well (tore his pec in his first varsity match) and is redshirting. 

Teske only wrestled once right? But I did not know all of the others, thank you. 

2 minutes ago, Justin Acklin said:

Teske only wrestled once right?

Correct. He apparently won a closed door wrestle off, had an unimpressive win in his first dual, and has not been seen since.

Edit: seen wrestling for Iowa... I don't think Brands like killed him or amything...

Edited by wrestlingphish
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Ah...didn't know Ayala was injured. I thought he was an impressive FR last year, all the more impressive if he was competing hurt. 

10 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Correct. He apparently won a closed door wrestle off, had an unimpressive win in his first dual, and has not been seen since.

Edit: seen wrestling for Iowa... I don't think Brands like killed him or amything...

Whhheeeww, good to know. lol 

1 hour ago, TobusRex said:

Ah...didn't know Ayala was injured. I thought he was an impressive FR last year, all the more impressive if he was competing hurt. 

Even if he wasn’t injured, Ayala would be redshirting.   The new rule allowing redshirts to wrestle some attached matches is only for true freshmen.  So assuming Lee is coming back at some point, we won’t be seeing Ayala in any duals.

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Even if he wasn’t injured, Ayala would be redshirting.   The new rule allowing redshirts to wrestle some attached matches is only for true freshmen.  So assuming Lee is coming back at some point, we won’t be seeing Ayala in any duals.

Thanks for the information. 

1 hour ago, wrestlingphish said:

Looks like wrestlestat seems to be under the assumption that Nelson is not wrestling this season?

125: Miller fall Harris 6-0 

133: Colaiocco dec Schriever 9-0

141: Ferrante dec Bennett 12-0

149: Zapf dec Murin 15-0

157: Artalona dec Siebrecht 18-0

165: Kennedy dec Revano 18-3

174: Incontrera dec Rhodes 21-3

184: Assad maj dec Hale 21-7

197: Warner major dec Urbas 21-11

285: Cassioppi fall Goldin 21-17

Quaker victory

29 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

125: Miller fall Harris 6-0 

133: Colaiocco dec Schriever 9-0

141: Ferrante dec Bennett 12-0

149: Zapf dec Murin 15-0

157: Artalona dec Siebrecht 18-0

165: Kennedy dec Revano 18-3

174: Incontrera dec Rhodes 21-3

184: Assad maj dec Hale 21-7

197: Warner major dec Urbas 21-11

285: Cassioppi fall Goldin 21-17

Quaker victory

I just looked into Harris’s wrestlestat, I think you’re right, might have to bump that to a fall for Miller and a 19-19 tie

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

How many matches do you have Penn winning?

When I say 22-18ish I mean 22ish-18ish.  A 21-19 match would be acceptable by me there.  I think Iowa knows and will get pins where it needs or high majors.  Penn likely won't bonus anywhere, if so it's a major at like... 174.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Brands is starting at 174 and the dual at 165.

A good chance Iowa will be up five matches to zero at the break with 3 or 4 via bonus and the momentum clearly on their side.

There is a chance they pull off 174 still, but considering these, I have it 7-3 for Iowa, with Schriever and Murin winning.

Momentum in Carver is a real bitch.

~30-10 Hawkeyes win.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Brands is starting at 174 and the dual at 165.

A good chance Iowa will be up five matches to zero at the break with 3 or 4 via bonus and the momentum clearly on their side.

There is a chance they pull off 174 still, but considering these, I have it 7-3 for Iowa, with Schriever and Murin winning.

Momentum in Carver is a real bitch.

~30-10 Hawkeyes win.

yeah but its kind of like the ISU dual last year, the cyclones "won" in terms of muddying the water. 

Iowa needs to make statement, I know half their lineup is out but thats becoming a staple...

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."