The Fall of Minneapolis

Offthemat

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I live 1-2 miles away from George Floyd Square... don't believe every internet video you see. It's not a bad place.

Jross, how about we meet for coffee at the square? You'll experience a real "must watch". Not some internet BS.

I'd be fine meeting for coffee or a beer... would prefer a different spot.

What would I witness at the square?

1 hour ago, jross said:

What would you witness? You'd have an actual physical experience at George Floyd Square with real people there.

Then - you might think twice about posting on the internet like some dumb ass who's never been there.

• Fire 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Offthemat said:

The voices in the film are of your fellow Minnesotans, and I’m sure it’s quite nice at the square until you start looking for a policeman. 

Over 5.5 million Minnesotans. Are you sure the voices you reference represent all of us? No, I didn't think so.

As far as looking for police, are you quite sure of your post? I'd say you're at least 90% wrong.

But what do I know, I just live here.

• Fire 1

On 11/29/2023 at 12:20 AM, jross said:

Without knowing what you'd witness, why say you'd prefer a different spot? Seems like there is conflicting information. Why not get an answer to the first question or at least more information before reacting? Making a public declaration of intent makes it harder to change your mind. 

1 hour ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

why say you'd prefer a different spot? 

Left-leaning news reports that businesses there claim the area is so dangerous that it has become known as the ‘No Go Zone.’

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2023-11-29/businesses-where-george-floyd-was-killed-sue-minneapolis-saying-police-are-not-protecting-the-area

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, jross said:

Left-leaning news reports that businesses there claim the area is so dangerous that it has become known as the ‘No Go Zone.’

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2023-11-29/businesses-where-george-floyd-was-killed-sue-minneapolis-saying-police-are-not-protecting-the-area

You can't be serious.

So, you found some dumb internet article that backs your argument... and that makes you what? At best, adequate at using google? 

Let's be honest. There are more than enough internet sources to back every single dumb argument on the planet x1000.

Flat earth? Tons of links. Valid reasons for defunding the police? Tons of links. How to speak to the dead? Tons of links.

Posting a dumb link doesn't make you credible, it just makes you worthless noise.

58 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

You can't be serious.

So, you found some dumb internet article that backs your argument... and that makes you what? At best, adequate at using google? 

Let's be honest. There are more than enough internet sources to back every single dumb argument on the planet x1000.

Flat earth? Tons of links. Valid reasons for defunding the police? Tons of links. How to speak to the dead? Tons of links.

Posting a dumb link doesn't make you credible, it just makes you worthless noise.

I hope you are ok. I hope things are better in your state.

• Fire 1

There is no argument (yet).  I have no interest in visiting the area nor am I wanted there.

After watching some people in the area commit crimes, do drugs, commit violence, and riot, it is expected that I would research if the area is a safe place to visit.

^^^ People in the area can be uncivil at times.  More evidence is in this local perspective, trip advisor, and you.

In this topic, you have not answered questions.  I will be specific and honest if you will be civil…  I will surprise you in a good way but also frustrate/anger you…

I do wish you well, and sympathize with the folks whose lives are so hard they feel compelled to communicate with violence.

44 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I hope you are ok. I hope things are better in your state.

Well - thanks. I hope you are OK, too.

Nobody here lives in Utopia. We all live in places that are good, and all with imperfections.

I find it unacceptable for random internet posters to use my backyard as an example of some fictional tragedy they are trying to drum up.

My state is doing well, hope yours is too.

3 minutes ago, jross said:

There is no argument (yet).  I have no interest in visiting the area nor am I wanted there.

After watching some people in the area commit crimes, do drugs, commit violence, and riot, it is expected that I would research if the area is a safe place to visit.

^^^ People in the area can be uncivil at times.  More evidence is in this local perspective, trip advisor, and you.

In this topic, you have not answered questions.  I will be specific and honest if you will be civil…  I will surprise you in a good way but also frustrate/anger you…

I do wish you well, and sympathize with the folks whose lives are so hard they feel compelled to communicate with violence.

You're still not being honest.

Your English is piss poor, your words are wandering, and you are obviously not from the US.

Why do you continue this clown show? Pretending to be something you obviously are not.

You are fooling nobody.

• Clown 1

What do I win for fooling anybody?  Am I hiding behind a fake member name?

I've mentioned before that I live in the Midwest.  A lot of my background has been shared that explains how I am and talk.  A corporate mix of diverse backgrounds stateside and in developing countries has tempered my ignorance.  I can't talk unfiltered anymore... rather slow and overthought.

Suppose you are paying attention to this and the last forum site... You might notice that I talk about my daughter wrestling in high school, my goddaughter is nationally ranked in high school wrestling, I was at a wrestling dual last night, I was pinned in the high school state finals, I can list my state's best wrestlers, I bought a wrestling mat off a World Team member and gifted it to a kid in need, I follow college wrestling, I posted a photo of my family at the World Team Trials in Texas... 

I'm not driving hours to Minneapolis to visit Floyd Square, but you can DM me for a Facetime call to educate me. 🍊 

38 minutes ago, jross said:

What do I win for fooling anybody?  Am I hiding behind a fake member name?

I've mentioned before that I live in the Midwest.  A lot of my background has been shared that explains how I am and talk.  A corporate mix of diverse backgrounds stateside and in developing countries has tempered my ignorance.  I can't talk unfiltered anymore... rather slow and overthought.

Suppose you are paying attention to this and the last forum site... You might notice that I talk about my daughter wrestling in high school, my goddaughter is nationally ranked in high school wrestling, I was at a wrestling dual last night, I was pinned in the high school state finals, I can list my state's best wrestlers, I bought a wrestling mat off a World Team member and gifted it to a kid in need, I follow college wrestling, I posted a photo of my family at the World Team Trials in Texas... 

I'm not driving hours to Minneapolis to visit Floyd Square, but you can DM me for a Facetime call to educate me. 🍊 

Much better. As has always been said, honesty goes a long way.

Thank you for that.

I suspect we won't be meeting anytime soon, but we likely will at some point. Looking forward to it.

In the meantime, cheers.

• Confused 1