Countdown to National Singlet Day

16 hours ago, Jason Bryant said:

giphy.gif

I had to look up this meme. Haven’t seen the movie. Haha! Well played. But you’re wrong. 

It’s happening!

Singlets are cool, and National Singlet Day is November 1, 2023. We even have a proclamation from the Mayor of Buffalo, New York to that effect! All we need is for somebody to pick it up. I have received the following instructions from the Office of the Mayor: “It will be on the security guard’s desk in front of the Mayor’s office, on the second floor of City Hall."  

The problem is that I’m in Myrtle Beach. Are there any Buffalo residents on this board? I have emailed the Buffalo Bulls wrestling coach and their athletic department. Since the Proclamation, in part, touts their program for getting the D1 season rolling, they oughta have a copy. Today's Meme:

ILLINIWRESTLING759.jpg

4 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

It’s happening!

Singlets are cool, and National Singlet Day is November 1, 2023. We even have a proclamation from the Mayor of Buffalo, New York to that effect! All we need is for somebody to pick it up. I have received the following instructions from the Office of the Mayor: “It will be on the security guard’s desk in front of the Mayor’s office, on the second floor of City Hall."  

The problem is that I’m in Myrtle Beach

Wait ... so our brave leader is gonna hang out in Myrtle on NSD?  It'll look like wearing the beach one piece.  I say jump on a plane to Buffalo and help welcome in November 🥶!   

BTW: Maybe all should pull out their Halloween singlet tonight just to get warmed up.  

Screenshot_20231031-081100_Chrome.jpg.0a78a1c17cf47a2260b944a3b4ec2b7e.jpg

• Fire 1

27 minutes ago, ionel said:

Wait ... so our brave leader is gonna hang out in Myrtle on NSD?  It'll look like wearing the beach one piece.  I say jump on a plane to Buffalo and help welcome in November 🥶!   

BTW: Maybe all should pull out their Halloween singlet tonight just to get warmed up.  

Screenshot_20231031-081100_Chrome.jpg.0a78a1c17cf47a2260b944a3b4ec2b7e.jpg

I always suspected @ILLINIWrestlingBlog was protesting too much about speedos, but now I know why.

My sources in Myrtle Beach were able to locate him and obtain this surveillance photo.

Jack Pierson at the Venetian Pool: Coral Gables, Florida | Vintage  swimwear, Vintage bathing suits, Vintage swimsuits

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

I'm trying to be serious here, and you folks are making me larf!

I haven't seen a copy of the actual Proclamation yet, but the Mayor's Office was kind enough to email the wording. This is the part I like the best: " ... current and former wrestlers are encouraged to wear their singlets on the mat and off the mat in support of the team." I'm a fan of the Bulls! 

ILLINIWRESTLING777.jpg

5 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

Use hashtag #NationalSingletDay or #SingletChallenge on social media along with photos or videos of you wearing a Singlet in a unique or hilarious (though safe) setting, and you could win a prize package valued at $9.

ILLINIWRESTLING776.jpg

We are all waiting to see IWB's posted right here. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

I'm sorry, but I'm a Gentleman. 

Most importantly, though, Contest Rule #7(d) specifically provides: "No employee or family member of an employee of The ILLINI Wrestling Blog & Forum & Beyond may enter said contest." 

LAME.

Posting a picture and entering the contest are two separate actions.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

12 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

I'm sorry, but I'm a Gentleman. 

Disputable.

12 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

Most importantly, though, Contest Rule #7(d) specifically provides: "No employee or family member of an employee of The ILLINI Wrestling Blog & Forum & Beyond may enter said contest." 

I've checked with Wkn and our local legal expert VAK and there's nothing in the rules that would prevent you from posting your Speedo Pic of the Day.

• Fire 1

In this historic battle, I believe that we can safely say that NATIONAL SINGLET DAY was a partial success. We had a proclamation from the Mayor of Buffalo, held a contest, had a contest winner, and many people in the wrestling community became aware of our sacred trust. 

Next year, we will send our request for an official proclamation to the United States Congress.

By the way, the winner was a guy from a Chicago suburb, who wore his singlet in class. His prize package has already been sent out. Once we make NATIONAL SINGLET DAY an annual mainstay, we bring wrestling to the Winter Olympics! 

ILLINIWRESTLING766.jpg

• Fire 1