GOT MUSIC

MPhillips

9 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Were you hanging out together when she snuck backstage?

Yes! We all were at the show together; he literally met her accidentally in St. Paul, Minnesota. 

She and two of her friends,  all being beautiful,  suckered security into getting them backstage.  She was 16 (I'm two years older) and they immediately began corresponding and did for years.  She finished college,  taught second grade for a couple of years,  and got married.  Hasn't worked since,  but she raised their daughters well. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

16 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Were you hanging out together when she snuck backstage?

Tasha's youngest sister,  Leilani, used to race Nascar. Obviously,  never got to the fame of the other female racer (her name escapes me).

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

3 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Seems like their girls are nice people and Tasha seems like a doll.  

I've never met her daughters, but they seem nice.  I've actually not seen Tasha for nearly 30 years,  at a Dylan concert. 

She's beyond nice.  I got really close to her while she was dating my closest friend in high school for over two years.  I saw her daily during that time. 

1 hour ago, MPhillips said:

They were always too noisy for me,  but I've really come to learn to appreciate their activism. 

As an aside,  my son showed me a Facebook comment from a MAGA  supporter who said to the effect of,  "I used to love Rage,  but their political crap these days is too much for me!"

Album cover of their first album didn't tip you off to anything?

5 hours ago, MPhillips said:

That is such a poignant song.  I remember people were using the term, "Bushgore" during that election. That song slaps you in the face with it. 

They're going to be another one of my "late to the party" bands,  like so many bands before in my life.   

• Fire 1

War is so unjust and ugly that all who wage it must try to stifle the voice of conscience within themselves.
-Leo Tolstoy

Rarely do I like a cover better than the original, but I'll make an exception here.  These three are incredible.  My wife and I saw the bass player, Scot Sutherland, play Foggy Mountain Breakdown on the bass.  He was incredible.  Buckle your seat belts boys...

• Fire 2

1 minute ago, MPhillips said:

Saw her a few times at festivals back in the 90's.

The drummer here, Shawn Pelton was the drummer at Live from Darryl's House for a while.  He's a real hammer.  My wife always loved the shirts he wore.  Her style, classy, flashy.  How she ended up with me, Mr Grey and Brown clothes we'll never know...

• Fire 1