Twitter is better

jross

55 minutes ago, jross said:

The Wall Street Journal studied auto-complete features for Google, Duck Duck Go, and Bing in 2019.  It was interesting. [https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-google-interferes-with-its-search-algorithms-and-changes-your-results-11573823753]

image.thumb.png.635ca842a24eb204833cedb06461c078.png

Now Google refrains from showing auto-complete.  Duck Duck Go, Bing and several others I tried are now scrubbed and consistent.

image.png.86ed57a235ff1c10f6d5bb8ecec908c0.png

Donald Trump is...

None of those choices would have been on my list. 

I think the "writer" is laughable. 

21 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

Donald Trump is...

None of those choices would have been on my list. 

I think the "writer" is laughable. 

The writer may be laughable.  For clarity, none of those auto-suggestions were on the writer's list either in 2019.  He typed "Donald Trump is," and the browser auto-suggested completions.  When I tried the same test in 2021, I found that google no longer reveals auto-suggestions for 'Donald Trump is', and the other browsers provided 'pleasant' scrubbed suggestions.  You can try other combinations and find significant differences in auto-search suggestions and search results today.

29 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

Or maybe, just maybe, it's showing you what everyone else typed in before you started your query.

Take the tinfoil off.

If it is showing what everybody typed in before, then you might acknowledge that across three engines in 2019 for "Joe Biden is,"  you see one positive as 'going to cure cancer.'  The negative results are toast, too old to run, done, creepy, idiot, joke.  Most of Trump's are negative too with the moron, idiot, joke plus some creativity with fat, antichrist, and illuminati confirmed.  Unlike Biden, Trump's results had positives like my president and awesome.  'Going to win' could be a question or a statement, so that context of positive/negative is unknown.

Occam's Razor says that the words you're seeing in the autocomplete are the most common words typed by other users.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

If you're going to make the claim that Google is malignantly skewing the results of autocomplete, then you should bring some actual evidence.

Bing has an alternative search suggestion from google that you can see right now.  It's the word that the left used to describe Musk before he expressed his desire to vote republican for the first time in his life, buying Twitter and exposing government coordination from the Trump and (primarily) Biden campaigns.

image.png.e2adca22a64c560e030ee084b89252f9.png

2 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

Occam's Razor says that the words you're seeing in the autocomplete are the most common words typed by other users.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

If you're going to make the claim that Google is malignantly skewing the results of autocomplete, then you should bring some actual evidence.

What were your thoughts on what that Democrat has already provided evidence for?

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Epstein Testimony.pdf

1 minute ago, jross said:

You'd think so given I own and have lost a bunch of money on weed stock.

I didn't know you could buy weed stock.  I do have an old college friend who owns a pot farm for commercial use in Maine though, so I should have guessed.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

8 minutes ago, jross said:

The writer may be laughable.  For clarity, none of those auto-suggestions were on the writer's list either in 2019.  He typed "Donald Trump is," and the browser auto-suggested completions.  When I tried the same test in 2021, I found that google no longer reveals auto-suggestions for 'Donald Trump is', and the other browsers provided 'pleasant' scrubbed suggestions.  You can try other combinations and find significant differences in auto-search suggestions and search results today.

If it is showing what everybody typed in before, then you might acknowledge that across three engines in 2019 for "Joe Biden is,"  you see one positive as 'going to cure cancer.'  The negative results are toast, too old to run, done, creepy, idiot, joke.  Most of Trump's are negative too with the moron, idiot, joke plus some creativity with fat, antichrist, and illuminati confirmed.  Unlike Biden, Trump's results had positives like my president and awesome.  'Going to win' could be a question or a statement, so that context of positive/negative is unknown.

I didn't explain well enough.  I didn't mean writer as in who wrote the article. 

One of the suggestions was Donald Trump is... a writer. That's what I thought was laughable. I'm sure dad paid someone to write Donald's stuff from grade school to college. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Mike Parrish said:

If you aren't going to actually read what someone else posts, then you have ceased to be a useful conversational partner.

I tried.  At a glance, it says Musk is behaving similarly against the left as before against the right.  The entirety of the article is one of the worst writing styles I've encountered.  I'm not alone (writing style criticism).  

I've tried to answer your questions on even sensitive topics.  Will you answer questions?  Which of the 16 media storylines I shared earlier do you believe is true vs. a hoax?  There is no trap; I believe they are all hoaxes that many on the left believe.  I'm sure there are many hoaxes that I unknowingly believe.  On behaviors... you ask Theo for evidence on media misinformation, and he provides it, and you provide no response. 

I actually want information and facts to expand my views.  I don't want trolling and penis jokes that deflect from the harder concern :).  Did you read the google censorship article the first or second time it was provided?  

Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

I take an alternate semi-head in the sand approach to trying to figure out what's going on in Washington, lower governments, and the business world.  I consume very little "news" from much of anywhere.  I simply watch what's going on in the world around me and ask Scott Adams' question, "Which is more likely".  This is how I have come up with my view that what any of us individually believes, or how we vote, is immaterial.  As long as the general public is split about 50/50 on what we've been told are "the issues", "they" can contiue to pick our bones and our childrens' bones nearly clean.  It's all simply a shell game.  We're the patsies, the rich, powerful guys are the winners, and our taxes and purchases are the money being put into the game.  The real problem is there is almost no integrity or empathy in government or Big Business.

Granted, I'm less "real time" than someone who is keeping more abreast of the goings on, but I like to think I get BSed less.  I'm not reading the recipe nor watching the cook prepare the food.  I'm merely eating it and know it tastes like crap.  And, it's the only place to eat in town.

• Fire 1