Happy BRICS week

BRICS to make a new currency to derail the dollar.   EU already tried that with the Euro and that didn't take down the dollar.   In fact it was worth more than a dollar and now is about equal to.  But it has not become the defacto currency.  

I predict BRICS won't change anything.   If I'm wrong - Hongzhao is a nice city. 

mspart

10 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Will BRICS establish a currency before China takes Taiwan?

Depends on how fast BRICS acts!!

But a serious question, who would stop China from rolling over Taiwan?   Would Biden have the nerve to stand up for Taiwan?   Would anyone in this country?   I have a friend who worked in China who had a Chinese Army guy that would talk to him.   His statement was that the Chinese army could walk to Taiwan, insinuating that they have so many troops that those that survived the waters would walk to Taiwan on the bodies of those that didn't survive. 

To be honest, I don't know why China would want anything to do with Taiwan.   Totally different economies and cultures.   Other than to put more people under it's thumb it seems like there's no purpose. 

mspart

4 hours ago, mspart said:

To be honest, I don't know why China would want anything to do with Taiwan.   Totally different economies and cultures.   Other than to put more people under it's thumb it seems like there's no purpose. 

mspart

That’d be money.