Accountability needs to happen....

12 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Ooof... I knew a person with that same attitude when I was in college. According to them, they were always right and never wrong. Challenged everyone to it, constantly.

That was one insufferable human being. Don't know what ever came of 'em. To be honest, I don't care. Just glad to be rid of that BS.

were you looking in the mirror? 

• Fire 1

Just now, GreatWhiteNorth said:

That's interesting, so where's your substance about this particular post right now?

Is this the Hunter Biden’s coke in the White House thread? I lost track.

I listened to the Lex Fridman Podcast with RFK Jr. today, and, man, he sure does hate Fauci… this is sort of paraphrasing from memory, but pretty close to part of the exchange:

Lex: Do you think there is anything good that Anthony Fauci has done in his time at NIH?

RFK: Well, I’m not going to sit here and bash the guy. That’s not what I want to do, but I can’t come up with anything. Maybe somebody could tell me of some beneficial drug that he helped develop, I don’t know, and I could agree with that being a good thing. But I do know he did a lot of harm in his position.

Lex: So do you think Fauci intended to do what’s best? He thought he was doing…

RFK: No, Fauci is a terrible human being. (This last one is the actual quote)

Edited by DJT

If you would like to do your part to see some of the bad actors in all of this have their comeuppance, you can sign this petition to have the paper behind much of the controversy retracted:

https://www.change.org/p/retract-the-proximal-origin-of-sars-cov-2

To have a paper retracted, especially one of this magnitude, is one of the more disgraceful things that can happen to a scientist and may lay the groundwork for more serious consequences for those involved.

On 7/19/2023 at 10:35 PM, DJT said:

I listened to the Lex Fridman Podcast with RFK Jr. today, and, man, he sure does hate Fauci… this is sort of paraphrasing from memory, but pretty close to part of the exchange:

Lex: Do you think there is anything good that Anthony Fauci has done in his time at NIH?

RFK: Well, I’m not going to sit here and bash the guy. That’s not what I want to do, but I can’t come up with anything. Maybe somebody could tell me of some beneficial drug that he helped develop, I don’t know, and I could agree with that being a good thing. But I do know he did a lot of harm in his position.

Lex: So do you think Fauci intended to do what’s best? He thought he was doing…

RFK: No, Fauci is a terrible human being. (This last one is the actual quote)

I had listened to a Fridman podcast when he interviewed Don Knuth - actually listened to it, in its entirety, twice. It was outstanding. Knuth is so impressive.

What I didn't do was dig further into Lex's interviews... until now, I didn't realize he had built up such an impressive (and crazy diverse) catalog. RFK is DAF, but it doesn't make the podcast any less interesting. Looks like I've got a lot of podcasts I need to catch up on.

Thanks for the post.

7 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I had listened to a Fridman podcast when he interviewed Don Knuth - actually listened to it, in its entirety, twice. It was outstanding. Knuth is so impressive.

What I didn't do was dig further into Lex's interviews... until now, I didn't realize he had built up such an impressive (and crazy diverse) catalog. RFK is DAF, but it doesn't make the podcast any less interesting. Looks like I've got a lot of podcasts I need to catch up on.

Thanks for the post.

Yeah, I only recently started to listen to the Fridman podcast, but you’re definitely right about his impressive catalog. I see he has a new one with Yuval Noah Harari, whose books are amazing. 

I’m glad Spotify went all in on podcasts, though, it’s drastically cut down on my Audible book listening. I make a concerted effort to seek out different points of view and not live in an echo chamber like so many people do by only watching/reading Fox or MSNBC. I see the Facebook/ Twitter algorithms that feed people the “news” and opinions that they agree with as the single greatest reason for the divide in our country. I’ll listen to Jordan Peterson then Sam Harris, and I can see where they’re both coming from with their diametrically opposed but equally intelligent views.

There are too many good podcasts to be able keep up with them all (literally not enough time in the day, even if you listen 24/7/365), so I end up choosing them based on the guests (ie, I skip over most comics and mma guys on JRE… but loved the Jelly Roll interview) or subject matter. 

• Fire 1