New d1 Program?

d3grappler

1 hour ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

I like, I mean love the idea...but it's worth noting that I seem to recall that the SEC only requires a school to have somewhere around 7 male sports, along with the corresponding equivalent for females...   That's among the lowest quantity in the entire national D1 circuit, right?    Meanwhile it's an equation which can mean the existence of more female programs than what men have if roster counts are low for the women.   That said, Florida's got travel expense & logistics issues.   Most teams drive most of the time, and they have to go a long way just to get outta Florida.   Then it takes a while to reach Arkansas, Oklahoma, Tennessee or North Carolina where most (if not all?) of the nearest D1 competition is.   But what if various SEC schools added wrestling simultaneously?   Then wrestling would be back in business in the SEC...  Here's a discussion of what the SEC used to have going for it on the wrestling front before they dropped the sport:

http://johnnythompsonnum1.blogspot.com/2017/09/solving-mystery-that-was-sec.html

That said, here are the decision-makers within the SEC organization itself:

https://www.secsports.com/article/11285694

They now have two wrestling programs (Oklahoma's Sooners & Mizzou's Tigers).   Any thoughts?   

this is ripe for not happening.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, flyingcement said:

This checks out with my anecdotal observations.  I've only known one person from GA Tech and he seemed to be about 70% man

I dont want to know how you know ... not that anything's wrong with that