Would AJ Ferrari be the defending 2x NCAA champion if he went to PSU?

Theo Brixton

Just now, Theo Brixton said:

Downey was posting sex acts on social media without consent of the partner if I remember correctly. Someone took on Andrew Long after his issues at PSU.

If AJ is convicted, it's a moot point. If he is not convicted, how is it much different than Gable Steveson?

He deserves his day in court regardless.

I agree that there will be schools that pass on him regardless of the outcome of the case but if he is found innocent, he'll get a second chance if he wants it.

You may be right.

I don't see it though.

5 hours ago, Theo Brixton said:

Downey was posting sex acts on social media without consent of the partner if I remember correctly. Someone took on Andrew Long after his issues at PSU.

If AJ is convicted, it's a moot point. If he is not convicted, how is it much different than Gable Steveson?

He deserves his day in court regardless.

I agree that there will be schools that pass on him regardless of the outcome of the case but if he is found innocent, he'll get a second chance if he wants it.

It’s different than Steveson because Steveson was never charged.

But I agree, if Ferrari is acquitted he’ll probably get another chance in D1.  I’m not convinced it will be at a top 15 or so school though.

Another comparison could be Dayton Racer although not sure on the timing that actual charges came into the picture.  Apparently he was expelled from Virginia Tech for alleged sexual assault, but was still eventually able to get a chance at tOSU - https://www.abc4.com/news/top-stories/the-justice-files-former-athlete-called-a-serial-date-rapist/

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

It’s different than Steveson because Steveson was never charged.

But I agree, if Ferrari is acquitted he’ll probably get another chance in D1.  I’m not convinced it will be at a top 15 or so school though.

Another comparison could be Dayton Racer although not sure on the timing that actual charges came into the picture.  Apparently he was expelled from Virginia Tech for alleged sexual assault, but was still eventually able to get a chance at tOSU - https://www.abc4.com/news/top-stories/the-justice-files-former-athlete-called-a-serial-date-rapist/

My understanding with Steveson is that the lack of charges had more to do with the alleged victim not wanting to proceed with prosecution rather than there being a lack of evidence.

Forgot about Dayton Racer. Apple Valley with quite the track record...

8 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

Imagine the liability you're taking on with AJ.
Imagine the court case and the testimony in a sexual assault case, even if he's acquitted in the current case.

There's just no way.

Downey was a spastic ding dong.
AJ is a sexual predator.

And prob more to it than that, if recall the timeline pretty sure he was dismissed from the program before this incident occurred.  There was a lot going on.