Jordan Burroughs

peanut

Been a heck of a ride following JB these last 10+ years but sadly this may be the end of the road.  Don’t see him coming down and beating Dake.

No slight intended but often wondered if he was in another environment (say NLWC for example) would he have been an even better wrestler and achieved more?

37 minutes ago, PJ141 said:

Been a heck of a ride following JB these last 10+ years but sadly this may be the end of the road.  Don’t see him coming down and beating Dake.

No slight intended but often wondered if he was in another environment (say NLWC for example) would he have been an even better wrestler and achieved more?

i know past his prime and all, but i think leaving lincoln hurt him

8 hours ago, fishbane said:

But Rulon has attempted two comebacks since leaving his shoes on the mat!  It wasn't over!  He says he will be back next year 20 years hence.

Any chance Gable wrestles for Minnesota next year?  Would that be the first time a wrestler left their shoes on a mat in college and later returned to represent the school again?

I think I remember Joe Rau leaving his shoes on the mat after losing at the last OTT.  He won a world team spot at Final X this weekend.

Frank Molinaro left his shoes on the mat at the last trials too.  It was after his loss to Yianni in the championship bracket of the challenge tournament.  He didn't show up for his consi match.

I don't think there is only one appropriate time to leave your shoes on the mat.  Very few individuals get to go out on a high note like Rulon did... the first time.  

hasn't his clock expired for UMINN

7 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

hasn't his clock expired for UMINN

I don't believe so.  He wrestled as a true freshman in 2019 (took 3rd/1 year used), sophomore 2020 (no ncaas/2 years used), junior in 2021 (free year/won title/2 years used), junior 2022 (won NCAAs/3 years used), senior 2023 (did not wrestle/deferred eligibility/redshirt/3 years used).  So since he never used a redshirt 2022-2023 could be his redshirt and he could use his last year in 2023-24.