Any day now we should reach the critical mass of gun ownership by "law-abiding citizens" where we become safe

18 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. 

I literally posted the research of the CDC study, so what you should be saying is without reading the  available information I'll make an uninformed assertion. 

Just now, Mike Parrish said:

Try again. 
show your work. 

I'm not the one calling it out. If you say something isn't true then provide the truth or your position has no merit. If you think a guys with millions of followers would make up easily disproved information it should be easy to do just that. If not take a look at yourself. 

7 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

I'm not the one calling it out. If you say something isn't true then provide the truth or your position has no merit. If you think a guys with millions of followers would make up easily disproved information it should be easy to do just that. If not take a look at yourself. 

A babe on the internet. 

Did you just ‘prove’ that Trump won in 2020?!?!

OMGWTFBBQ!

Edited by Mike Parrish

5 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

A babe on the internet. 

Coming from someone with nothing more to offer than self proclaimed moral and intellectual superiority is ironic to say the least. I have no information but you are wrong, but I won't say how and it's your fault because I won't read your proof. 

Edited by El Luchador

Just now, El Luchador said:

Coming from someone with nothing more to offer than self proclaimed moral and intellectual superiority it ironic to say the least. I have no information but you are wrong, but I won't say how and it's your fault because I won't read your proof. 

You’re as credulous as a toddler. 

1 hour ago, El Luchador said:

So prove them wrong.  

I know I'm going to regret joining the foray, but here goes...
That is NOT how logic or respected journalism works.  You don't say "Blah, blah, blah.  Now prove me wrong."  If I were to say "The moon is 30 million miles away from the earth, now prove me wrong", what would you do?  Get out a tape measure and "prove" me wrong?  No, if I were not an idiot, I would consult NASA or other respected sources (Buckle your seat belt, that doesn't include some Joe Schmo on YouTube) before I opened my mouth to begin with for the distance.  I would also make sure that my source of information on the distance was not someone or some organization that profited by disseminating mis-information for a bunch of sheep to slurp up.  You do realize that the gun and ammo manufacturers that now call the shots at the NRA stand to make tons of money by spreading mis-information???  Same as I'm not going to believe Ford (or whoever) about the accuracy of their data on the reliability of their vehicles.  I would consult some organization with no horse in the race (Consumer Reports).  Well, I would if I either weren't an idiot and/or weren't simply looking for data to support my decision to buy a Ford anyway because my Pappy had Fords and his Pappy before him had Fords.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

Still nothing but insults.?

They’re the complimentary aperitif. 

For someone who freely offers insults amidst his own public display of idiocy, you are remarkably thin skinned about receiving return fire. 

Delicious. 

Edited by Mike Parrish

2 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

I know I'm going to regret joining the foray, but here goes...
That is NOT how logic or respected journalism works.  You don't say "Blah, blah, blah.  Now prove me wrong."  If I were to say "The moon is 30 million miles away from the earth, now prove me wrong", what would you do?  Get out a tape measure and "prove" me wrong?  No, if I were not an idiot, I would consult NASA or other respected sources (Buckle your seat belt, that doesn't include some Joe Schmo on YouTube) before I opened my mouth to begin with for the distance.  I would also make sure that my source of information on the distance was not someone or some organization that profited by disseminating mis-information for a bunch of sheep to slurp up.  You do realize that the gun and ammo manufacturers that now call the shots at the NRA stand to make tons of money by spreading mis-information???  Same as I'm not going to believe Ford (or whoever) about the accuracy of their data on the reliability of their vehicles.  I would consult some organization with no horse in the race (Consumer Reports).  Well, I would if I either weren't an idiot and/or weren't simply looking for data to support my decision to buy a Ford anyway because my Pappy had Fords and his Pappy before him had Fords.

So it should be super easy to state a specific statement that isn't true. You don't get to make assertion  of a lie and not say what the lie or truth  is. Seams like the short and easy way to settle it. Just provide the facts. Spoiler alert,  it won't happen,  but you guys will continue to attack the source and have no merit behind your assertion. When you call someone out you better know something.

So it should be super easy to state a specific statement that isn't true. You don't get to make assertion  of a lie and not say what the lie or truth  is. Seams like the short and easy way to settle it. Just provide the facts. Spoiler alert,  it won't happen,  but you guys will continue to attack the source and have no merit behind your assertion. When you call someone out you better know something.

The burden of proof is on the one who makes the assertion. Always. 

Here’s an article at the appropriate reading level. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof_(philosophy)

Edited by Mike Parrish

3 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

They’re the complimentary aperitif. 

For someone who freely offers insults amidst his own public display of idiocy, you are remarkably thin skinned about receiving return fire. 

Delicious. 

Actually you set the tone, I have  tied to keep this to the facts.  That is my entire position.  You on the other hand can only blather on about how moral and intellectual you are and other are stupid QAnon whatever. 

1 minute ago, Mike Parrish said:

The burden of proof is on the one who makes the assertion. Always. 

Well if your assertion is that my source is  wrong then back at you. Again should be easy.  End this with facts or carry on with childish insults. 

1 minute ago, El Luchador said:

Actually you set the tone, I have  tied to keep this to the facts.  That is my entire position.  You on the other hand can only blather on about how moral and intellectual you are and other are stupid QAnon whatever. 

So when you called me a ‘willful idiot’ you were elevating the conversation?

Your own feelings of inadequacy seem to be driving you to plumb new depths of intellectual dishonesty. 

3 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

Well if your assertion is that my source is  wrong then back at you. Again should be easy.  End this with facts or carry on with childish insults. 

From the article you clearly didn’t read. 

Shifting the burden of proofEdit

One way in which one would attempt to shift the burden of proof is by committing a logical fallacy known as the argument from ignorance. It occurs when either a proposition is assumed to be true because it has not yet been proven false or a proposition is assumed to be false because it has not yet been proven true.

• Fire 1

Just now, Mike Parrish said:

So when you called me a ‘willful idiot’ you were elevating the conversation?

Your own feelings of inadequacy seem to be driving you to plumb new depths of intellectual dishonesty. 

No I reciprocated. As long we're accusing me of dishonesty,  Why do you go ahead and tell me where. Then tell the truth. 

1 minute ago, Mike Parrish said:

From the article you clearly didn’t read. 

Shifting the burden of proofEdit

One way in which one would attempt to shift the burden of proof is by committing a logical fallacy known as the argument from ignorance. It occurs when either a proposition is assumed to be true because it has not yet been proven false or a proposition is assumed to be false because it has not yet been proven true.

You guys are taking a pretty convoluted path to a simple solution.  I gave facts provided the source. Now all you have to do is the easy part. Being as you have  already called me a liar it should be really easy to state the lie, and not some fallacy of it's not my responsibility to back up my assertion. From your own statement prove me false.

You guys are taking a pretty convoluted path to a simple solution.  I gave facts provided the source. Now all you have to do is the easy part. Being as you have  already called me a liar it should be really easy to state the lie, and not some fallacy of it's not my responsibility to back up my assertion. From your own statement prove me false.

It’s simple. 

You have made several assertions. 

You have been asked to supply supporting evidence. 

You have refused and tried to shift the burden of proof. 

I have provided you an article explaining that what you attempted is a logical fallacy. 

You appear to be unhappy about being called out for being this dishonest  

You continue to writhe around like a night crawler on a fishing hook.