Updated Team Race Rankings Based on Individual Ranks

Wrestleknownothing

image.png.af72b84e31569076f29bda051565bcce.png

Based on this week's individual wrestler rankings.

As a reminder:

• I equate rank with seed
  • Expected points is based on the average placement and advancement points by seed from 2010 - 2022
  • Max Points is based on the maximum placement and advancement points if the rank equals the final placement
  • Mean Points is like Max except it accounts for the fact that there are multiple paths for wrestlers to finish third through twenty-fourth, and therefore multiple possible advancement point outcomes.
  • I added these last two columns because of the difference between where anOSU and Mizzou would finish in the Intermat rankings based on different ways to count points.
  • Fire 3

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

• 2 weeks later...

Updates based on November 22 rankings from all three services (sorry, I missed last week):

While all three services have PSU beating Iowa for the team title, there is virtually no consensus on the other two podium positions.

INTERMAT

Where Intermat had Mizzou and anOSU two weeks ago, they now have Michigan and Mizzou.

image.png.80e38d627fba53b5accc1d467605b33c.png

FLO

Meanwhile, Flo has Mizzou and Michigan after previously having anOSU and Mizzou.

image.png.9ab3e155716df0fe9fe66a38f98e7a6d.png

WRESTLESTAT

And Wrestlestat really loves Virginia Tech. No, I mean they REEEEEEAAAALLLYYY love the Hokies. Where they had anOSU and Mizzou two weeks ago they now have VT and anOSU. By contrast, Intermat has VT at #12 and Flo has them at #9.

image.png.05c742b3ae5ce63e2fd353dde1883a6e.png

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge